By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 sales "auto-owned" for XMAS in PAL countries

I think they rushed this one for the holidays.......it'll sell just fine just like Madden.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

PES is huge among Asians - for some it's the only game they play on PS2.
I guess we will continue to play it and stay away from the new game. Thanks for the info.

Kasz216 said:
I kinda disagree.

I don't think the average person pays much attention to reviews. So I don't think this will effect the average person who was just waiting for the PS3 to drop down in price.

So if the PS3 gets owned... i don't think that's why.

I agree, the huge majority of people do not bother reading reviews let alone base a purchase on it.

It's all to do with image, and word of mouth in the playground etc.

I think reviewers would love to think people hang on their every word and they can make or break a game, but I think they have very little influence at all.

I thought it turned out to be a Fifa '08 bundle?

Or did this turn out to be a photoshop. :(

darthdevidem said:
BUT

PES 08 IGN gave it 9.0 on PS3!!

IGN seems to have a policy of providing the same scores for Xbox 360 and PS3 games that are simultaneously released, regardless of whether they note that one version runs better than the other. 

Around the Network
TheBigFatJ said:
darthdevidem said:
BUT

PES 08 IGN gave it 9.0 on PS3!!

IGN seems to have a policy of providing the same scores for Xbox 360 and PS3 games that are simultaneously released, regardless of whether they note that one version runs better than the other.

OPM UK gave in 9

add me

llewdebkram said:
Kasz216 said:
I kinda disagree.

I don't think the average person pays much attention to reviews. So I don't think this will effect the average person who was just waiting for the PS3 to drop down in price.

So if the PS3 gets owned... i don't think that's why.

I agree, the huge majority of people do not bother reading reviews let alone base a purchase on it.

It's all to do with image, and word of mouth in the playground etc.

I think reviewers would love to think people hang on their every word and they can make or break a game, but I think they have very little influence at all.

A few years back someone made a really nice chart between scores recieved and sales. Basically, there was almost no correlation between the two.

Outside of a few examples, such as katamri, reviews really cant boost or lower a games sales. Really it just comes down to advertising and branding, all else is relativly pointless.

And LOL @ IGN scores being the same.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

PES is more popular than FIFA in Europe? That's proposterous, it calls football soccer, and for that reason it should be boycotted :P

SeriousWB said:
PES is more popular than FIFA in Europe? That's proposterous, it calls football soccer, and for that reason it should be boycotted :P

Well, that would only count in the english-speaking countries ;) Does it count? I don't know, I don't live in any of them.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957