By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - might be getting a xbox 360

Before buying the XBL 12 + 1 month card. A 360 comes with 1 month free, and right now I see if you renew online via XBL store you get 2 months free. In US dollars I think that breaks down to almost 3.50 a month. I am not saying what you should do just to look into it, and see if it is available in your area.

Consoles: Atari 5200, NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

Around the Network

isnt it free to send in a rrod xbox 360 to get it fixed? because my mate has a rrod console which has been lying in his house for months unfixed, because he is the lazyest guy ever and cant be bothered finding out how to send it in. But he offered to sell it me. so if i bought it cheap could i send it in to get fixed free? and once its fixed do you get a new garentee?

The red ring has a 3 year warranty on it, so as long as the system is less then 3 years old (and not modded) then you should be good to go.

Had to change my sig to get some moderator to quit bitching about it......

I think you should just get the elite.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

THATGUY said:
isnt it free to send in a rrod xbox 360 to get it fixed? because my mate has a rrod console which has been lying in his house for months unfixed, because he is the lazyest guy ever and cant be bothered finding out how to send it in. But he offered to sell it me. so if i bought it cheap could i send it in to get fixed free? and once its fixed do you get a new garentee?

Usually when you call into MS to get things fixed they'll ask for some code on the back of the 360. Usually they'll be able to tell how old your 360 is from the code and whether the warranty still applies.