By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS2 in Europe

Behind the Wii the PS2 has easily sold the most consoles in Europe this year.....When will PS3 start to consistently outsell it? This holiday season? Christmas '08?

Around the Network

The earliest I can see it happening is halfway through 2008. The PS2 is still an extremely hot item amongst the casual Guitar Hero/Singstar/latest sports game crowd, and there's a lot of people being forced to repurchase due to bad reliability. The PS3 is starting to approach an acceptable price for more people, although the amount of money Sony is losing on their latest drop guarantees the next one won't be for a while, and good games are starting to arrive, but it continues to be weaker than the competition in the foreseeable future.

This gen is about Wii-X360-PS3-PS2... Not only Wii-X36-PS3... Cuzz PS2 is outselling PS3 and X360 on a Ww basis almost every week...

THE NETHERLANDS

I agree with Parokki, mid 2008 PS2 will get down to roughly GBA levels WW (although PS2 will sell less in America and more in Eu because GBA is all about America)
after christmas 08 it will probably be down to what current GC levels are and Sony will stop shipping more.

i'm surprised about the sales of the ps2, even here in Spain, where the ps3 is selling very well, it seems that it can't fight against the ps2, neither with a price drop.

Around the Network

man, PS2 is cheap.
and possess a great huge library.

you should have asked :

"when Xbox360/PS3 will outsell PS2 ?"

and I would answer : "when they will be cheaper."

Time to Work !