By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are old games more fun then today games

Neoraf said:

"Old games more fun than today games?"

No.
You're talking about nostalgia.

Everything is deeper, gameplay is tighter, everything is more fun nowadays.

Try this:

1- Find a boy today who is gaming on the PS3/360 (the same age when YOU discovered gaming).
2- Tell them to play Zelda on the N.E.S, Sonic on the Megadrive, FF6 on the Super NES...
3- He will say: "IT SUCKS!!!" "So boorrring" "WHAT? You were playing this shit back then???"

I've discovered lots of games on the VC i have never even touched before. Super Metroid, Beyond Oasis and Legend of the Mystical Ninja being just a few of them so i have no nostalgia tied to them whatsoever and i enjoy them more than some retail games out there now.

Around the Network

no, definitely not. go back and play some of them...you will find that many are quite awful.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Some of them.

MrBubbles said:
no, definitely not. go back and play some of them...you will find that many are quite awful.

the same could be said for alot of games this gen and the previous gen aswell. Awful games are not limited to old games only

Not all of them, play the Mortal Kombat 2 for the SNES.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*