By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Ball Wii: Revenge of King Picollo - Impressions

So I bought the game yesterday and I have spent about 8-10 hours playing it.  Seems I'm about 60% through the game, according to the tally of the game, and I'm at the main end boss of the game.  So far, the game is pretty fun, and plays a lot like Dragon Ball Advance Adventure on the GBA, though with new additions as it has a 3D environment and fully Cel Shaded game engine.  It also features much of the original storyline of the original Anime series from the Red Ribbon Arc to the King Piccolo Arc, though some minor alterations have been made to account for gameplay (such as having to run through a 'maze' to the Demons Toilet and having to run through a Forest area to find the Four Star Ball below Korin Tower).  All in all however, these alterations just add to more gameplay time and are understandable.  The best addition (or should I say non-alteration) is the localization team leaving the Japanese voices in the American release, giving the option to those who want to change the games settings back to the original Japanese voices.  This might be a necessity for some, as the American voices can be a bit over-the-top or even downright annoying.

While the game does seem to be rather short on its initial run, the game does seem to have some extra features which seem to make it worth its initial purchase.  A Budokai tournament mode featuring around 16 characters, the ability to replay every mission in the game for a higher rank and more 'Zeni', a gallery mode to obtain all the music and character models in the game and possibly more.  It also doesn't break the bank, at its $40.00 starting price.  All in all, a pretty fun action brawler that follows the early Dragon Ball series from the Red Ribbon Saga to the King Piccolo Saga.

I will be doing a full review of the game once I finish it.

Opening Cinematic

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network

Great...this is actualy on my games to get list...glad its good

Well, I have finished the game and here is my review if anyone needed a detailed review before buying it.

http://vgchartz.com/games/gamereviewdisp.php?id=34776&reviewid=738

Six upcoming games you should look into:

My God! I totally forget about this game. Is it out already?! :S

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069