By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sony's BD Player!! Which also plays games!

Has anyone seen this?

Around the Network

Good bit of spin there. Another way of saying the truth. I'm just listening on the Radio as I'm typing about a husband who went to get a PS3 with his 3 kids. (He) has not stopped playing it since getting home and ignored the wife... I guess he is still reading the instructions (Sorry to all those who have/enjoy the PS3).

Good to see this site is still going 

I wonder what other products we could market like that? Universal Remote Reserve RCA's pad of buttons today! It changes channels on TV, too! Xbox 360 Power Supply Reserve Microsoft's door stopper today! It powers your Xbox 360, too! Manure Reserve your cow's Biff Tannen Annoyance Device today! It fertilizes plants, too!

fishamaphone said: I wonder what other products we could market like that? Universal Remote Reserve RCA's pad of buttons today! It changes channels on TV, too! Xbox 360 Power Supply Reserve Microsoft's door stopper today! It powers your Xbox 360, too! Manure Reserve your cow's Biff Tannen Annoyance Device today! It fertilizes plants, too!
*Senses a little Anti PS3 in last post. So what. It does what it's claimed to do in the advert. I see nothing wrong with that.

I don't see anything wrong with the ad... If this was found in a movie store then it works perfectly (the PS3 is the cheapest BR player!!).

Around the Network

euclid said: I don't see anything wrong with the ad... If this was found in a movie store then it works perfectly (the PS3 is the cheapest BR player!!).
Common!! That picture's pretty funny... the store gave up on the PS3 to sell has a gaming console and is marketing it has a BR player. Just the fact that it states at the end "and it plays video games!!" is really a blow to the gaming console.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said: euclid said: I don't see anything wrong with the ad... If this was found in a movie store then it works perfectly (the PS3 is the cheapest BR player!!). Common!! That picture's pretty funny... the store gave up on the PS3 to sell has a gaming console and is marketing it has a BR player. Just the fact that it states at the end "and it plays video games!!" is really a blow to the gaming console.
*Wait for it... This system is dubbed an 'Entertainment System' so it's up to the shop/Sony to advertise it as they wish. If I recall correctly Harrison did say (along the lines of) that the system would cater for people other than hard core game players.... Was there a thread like this for other systems? (I just joined recently).

gebx said: euclid said: I don't see anything wrong with the ad... If this was found in a movie store then it works perfectly (the PS3 is the cheapest BR player!!). Common!! That picture's pretty funny... the store gave up on the PS3 to sell has a gaming console and is marketing it has a BR player. Just the fact that it states at the end "and it plays video games!!" is really a blow to the gaming console.
This is just an example of british dry humor, which is rife with understatement. "and it plays video games" LOLZ

Quartz said: *Senses a little Anti PS3 in last post.
Anti-PS3? I took a direct jab at the X box 360's power supply, and then you read an anti-PS3 sentiment in the following portion? When PS3 wasn't mentioned? When it was an obvious Back to the Future refference? It's anti-PS3? I'll be honest with you, I'm a Nintendo fanboy, and will be forever, but those were just the first ideas that popped into my head. It's a funny setup for an advert, regardless of the product. That's what I was demonstrating. Simple process: name product, describe it by secondary uses, then tack on "it does (primary use) too!" Ball-Point Pen Buy this boring-lecture chew toy today! And also, it can write!

fishamaphone said: Quartz said: *Senses a little Anti PS3 in last post. Anti-PS3? I took a direct jab at the X box 360's power supply, and then you read an anti-PS3 sentiment in the following portion? When PS3 wasn't mentioned? When it was an obvious Back to the Future refference? It's anti-PS3? I'll be honest with you, I'm a Nintendo fanboy, and will be forever, but those were just the first ideas that popped into my head. It's a funny setup for an advert, regardless of the product. That's what I was demonstrating. Simple process: name product, describe it by secondary uses, then tack on "it does (primary use) too!" Ball-Point Pen Buy this boring-lecture chew toy today! And also, it can write!
PS3 didn't need to be mentioned. Your 'Joke' was pointed at the advert in question without a direct referal - instead using other instances to make the advert appear in the same light. Besides it's an advert FFS why post this crap in the first place people, it hardly makes a topic. Now if it was an advert stating that it blows up when you turn it on, and the shop wanted to recall a batch - then it may have been an interesting post. Other than that I couldn't care less... It makes quite a Naff topic. *Edit I hope that didn't sound too evil for a response...