By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activision: PlayStation 3 Most Advanced!

http://spong.com/article/14084/Activision_PlayStation_3_Most_Advanced?cb=983 

"PlayStation 3 is the most advanced gaming platform available. However, he also pointed out that, "few game developers were building products that take full advantage of the console's power"

Its a challange to program for but its also the most powerful. 

Around the Network

I thought the PS1 was more powerful than the N64.

I have a feeling they will change their tune when they see GHIII sales.

I don't understand why this is a groundbreaking statement. We knew that when the PS3 was released?

We all already knew this?

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

Are you just trying to brag?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

well, duh, congratulations activision. welcome to reality. in other news, they commented that the Wii has motion controls, and that the xbox 360 would be featuring halo 3 among its AAA titles.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

"However, he also pointed out that, "few game developers were building products that take full advantage of the console's powerful, multicore processor". In a more upbeat statement, the Activision head man did suggest that in "the next four or five years" this would change."

I think he's right. In 4 or 5 years, no developers (instead of few) will be taking advantage of the PS3, if the console war keeps going as it is now.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Frozenfuryblade said:
I don't understand why this is a groundbreaking statement. We knew that when the PS3 was released?

Alot of people still foolishly believe the 360 is as powerful as the PS3, this is the only way to educate them.

I call the Genesis/SNES war a tie.

Alot of people still foolishly believe the 360 is as powerful as the PS3, this is the only way to educate them.

I'd say the way to educate them is to actually come up with something that looks noticeably better than 360 games. That hasn't happened yet.