By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - On Metacritic, Uncharted 2 goes... up?

J.a.M said:
dsister44 said:
Does it really make a difference?

yes it does

when your up in the 90's every point matters.

I can't tell whether or not if you are being serious... -___-

Around the Network
J.a.M said:
dsister44 said:

yes it does

I agree with this statement, 1 point in the 90's, especially the high 90's can mean quite a bit.

1 point does matter. It can be the difference needed to overtake other games in rank. And no matter how much we hate it, most people judge a game's quality by its reviews.

Necromunda said:
J.a.M said:
dsister44 said:

yes it does

I agree with this statement, 1 point in the 90's, especially the high 90's can mean quite a bit.

I have a question. Did you enjoy the game as a 96? Was it any better as a 97? Would it be funner as a 98, or a 99? Heavens forbid a game gets an 100, you wouldn't ever be able to enjoy another game ever again =O

Metacritic is not even counting the G4TV 100% score.(after adam sessler rant on how he didn't like metacritic because his 5 start system was too diferent) (ps3s owner lost infamous and uncharted2 10, the mario galaxy 100 tho still there)

And now there is awfull Teletext, that loves giving low scores for all games. ALL games. These jerks weren't here when Mario galaxy came also, thus they are now pulling all new reviews a few points down.

And GameDaily review was abysmal, they acknowledge the game was awesome, and better than many 10s they gave away, but they decided it now that they would start saving 10s because they were giving it to much. Creating a new standard for 10s the day uncharted 2 comes when uncharted would get 11 by the older standard.

Around the Network

Judging by the scores it has gotten...I'm expecting the game to cure cancer!

This might be one of the rare games which actually exceeds my expectations when I finally get it.

Fanboy Wars is serious business

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Vashyo said:
Judging by the scores it has gotten...I'm expecting the game to cure cancer!

This might be one of the rare games which actually exceeds my expectations when I finally get it.

TEH C3LL cures cancer, not Uncharted 2.

Gosh.

it's already one of the best game this generation.

all on the ps3. MSG4,kz2,LBP, GT5, God of war 3, FF13 and Versus likely end up being my most beloved games this game

The reason that is, is usually because sites with advanced copies are held to a strict "can't release until after the game is out." policy if they relate it below a certain amount.

It could be that nearly everyone who got an advanced copy met that qualification, and therefore the second batch of reviews are mostly those who didn't get advanced copies and are reviewing a game they themselves bought.