By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CoD4's Singleplayer is 5-6 hours...

From N4G:

In Neogaf, the latest OXM details are in aswell as scores but the most controversial highlight of the news is that the highly anticipated Call of Duty 4 will have a campaign mode of only "5-6 hours" long.

What's up with the short games this gen?  And for $60 a pop, too.

Around the Network

People are willing to pay $60 for a 5-6 hour game. Development costs and times are high, so developers can reduce both by cutting content.

As long as games keep selling, developers will keep pumping out short games. 

too much focus on multi-player

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

With COD 1 & 2 it was more of a multiplayer experience rather than a single player one. I think alot more people will buy the game for multiplayer rather than just single player. No I'm not saying that no one will buy it for just single player but alot more for multi. If and when I do get this game the first thing I do is gonna be going online. Single player comes when my internet is down or bored. =)

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Blame multiplayer--they can sink all the money into that and people will just be right there for it

Around the Network

Please tell me this is a joke. I loved all Call of Duty for PC. They are (IMO) the only WW2 based FPS games that feel fresh. 6 hours is not right, Doom had more than 6 hours, even the Snes Doom had more than 6 hours.
So from now on I will have to wait 2-3 years for games to come out and when they do I can finish it in a afternoon.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

johnsobas said:
too much focus on multi-player

.. is multiplayer a bad thing? since when? World of Warcraft definitely seems to still be selling retardedly well for online only.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

What? Oh well Im not getting it then, Guess I'll be getting haze.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

In b4 heavenly sword.

And your sig is huge ssj12.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

For an FPS 5-6 hours isn't too bad. I can complete Half Life in about that time frame, which goes to prove that quality is better then quantity (as long as the game isn't too short).

The multiplayer will also add a huge amount of replay value.