By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 Games?

I need some help picking out a few XBOX 360 games for my Brother's birthday. He's turning 16 and he likes FPS. He doesn't have any because our parents won't buy him mature games. He has sports games, like madden and Skate 2, and music games. What FPs would you recommend, any suggestions would help, I have no idea what games are good and bad. Thanks in advanced.

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

Around the Network

So are we ignoring age limits?

If so MW2 and L4D are due for release in the next 2/3 weeks.

ODST just came out and that's ~16

Yeah there aren't any age limits, I'm old enough to buy M games, so these are going to be secrets between us... I owe him that.

Warrior of Light #66

Wildvine53 said:
Yeah there aren't any age limits, I'm old enough to buy M games, so these are going to be secrets between us... I owe him that.

haha ok, well if you know he likes zombies, you HAVE to get Left 4 Dead 2, out November 17th. If he likes a more traditional FPS, go for Modern Warfare 2 which is out a week earlier I believe. Or Halo ODST which is out now.

Those are the best 3 options I can think of.

Seece said:
Wildvine53 said:

haha ok, well if you know he likes zombies, you HAVE to get Left 4 Dead 2, out November 17th. If he likes a more traditional FPS, go for Modern Warfare 2 which is out a week earlier I believe. Or Halo ODST which is out now.

Thanks, He love Zombie movies, but if I get him left 4 dead 2, should I also get him the first one? Or can he play the second without playing the original?

Warrior of Light #66

Around the Network

Get him Gears 2 and tell him I don't give a damn if he likes third person shooters or not. He's gonna play it and love it.

does he play online or should we recommend single player focused games?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Wildvine53 said:
Seece said:
Wildvine53 said:

Thanks, He love Zombie movies, but if I get him left 4 dead 2, should I also get him the first one? Or can he play the second without playing the original?

Oh nah, Left 4 Dead isn't plot driven whatsoever, in fact the first one doesn't even have a story. So I wouldn't worry about that

@d21lewis: I think as long as it's a goo game, he'll love it regardless of perspective.

@MrBubble: he has Xbox live, and He's played Halo 3 online at a friends, That how I know he really is interested in FPs

Warrior of Light #66

Seece said:
Wildvine53 said:
Seece said:
Wildvine53 said:

Oh nah, Left 4 Dead isn't plot driven whatsoever, in fact the first one doesn't even have a story. So I wouldn't worry about that

Alright Left 4 dead 2 is on my list. SO Gears of War 2, and Halo 3. 

Another Question, is HAlo 3 ODSt just HAlo with Bonus Levels?

Warrior of Light #66