By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My Forza3 has arrived... I presume I'm ok to play...?

You lucky bastard, I am going to midnight launch tommorrow. Maybe I should have got it delivered by GAMe instead of going to shop. LOL. Kowenicki. Damn you. Play it, and tell me how awesome it is. :)

Around the Network

They're advertising Forza Motorsport 3 here in Saudi Arabia. In the middle of a popular mall, they had an Audi R8 and Forza Motorsport 3 billboards, as well as a 2 HDTVs, and an Xbox 360 racing rig with Forza Motorsport 3. It was open for the public to try. Had a great few laps.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

They have no way of telling whether or not its a pirated version of the game, so be careful. I'm sure you can prove you own it and get unbanned if you do, but just be careful.

inverted3reality said:
They have no way of telling whether or not its a pirated version of the game, so be careful. I'm sure you can prove you own it and get unbanned if you do, but just be careful.

This is not true.  If you have an illegal copy there are ways of finding out if you do or not. 

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

huaxiong90 said:
They're advertising Forza Motorsport 3 here in Saudi Arabia. In the middle of a popular mall, they had an Audi R8 and Forza Motorsport 3 billboards, as well as a 2 HDTVs, and an Xbox 360 racing rig with Forza Motorsport 3. It was open for the public to try. Had a great few laps.

nice i live in kuwait and i was dissapointed cause i thought they wouldn't advertise it here in the middle east where there are lots of racing fans. its good taht they advertised it at saudi arabia, loads of guys tried it?

Around the Network
elticker said:
huaxiong90 said:

nice i live in kuwait and i was dissapointed cause i thought they wouldn't advertise it here in the middle east where there are lots of racing fans. its good taht they advertised it at saudi arabia, loads of guys tried it?

Yeah, it was packed. They were also giving out tickets for a Forza Motorsport 3 launch event.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I'm jealous, lol. But like the others said you should be fine. Just to be safe (or paranoid) however, wait a couple days before playing over Xbox Live.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

kowenicki said:
Installed Disc 1 and Disc 2... disc 2 is quite quick to install...

Now downloading add on content, out of the box by scratch card... "Motorsport Legends Car and Track pack" 453 MB

Please keep us posted. What cars are available to buy first? What tracks did you race first etc. Damn you man.

JaggedSac said:
Foibbles said:
You won't get banned for playing it online. The only people getting banned are the people who downloaded and played the pirated french release that was leaked about 2 weeks ago. The other pirated releases that came in the last week are fine to play online as they are properly stealthed.

Of course a genuine copy is fine to play too.

There has been some mix up with this as of late. MS have gone on record in the past saying they DO NOT BAN FOR PLAYING GAMES BEFORE RELEASE DATE.

They were only referring to the french p2p rip - loads of people have been banned for playing that.

MS bans based on locale and where they know they have not yet shipped retail discs.  You can listen to this by going to Major Nelson's site and downloading one of his podcasts from a month or two ago.

Also, in the session is a funny story where someone was playing a ripped game and streaming the video over the web.  One of the MS Live guys found out about it and banned him while he was playing.  Hilarious.

He may well say that, but he isn't being truthful - not fully at least. It's abit of a mystery on the whole ban thing but I've yet to meet a credible person who has played games downloaded properly stealthed before release and get banned. Every time there is a ban a "leak" of the big game before the ban comes a few weeks before...All those people get banned.

Happened with

Crackdown

Halo

and now Forza 3...

Since you can't contest a ban, they only do it when they are 100% sure these days that you've been caught red handed. I haven't even listened to his podcast recently but from what I've heard he is careful to explain that only people with illegitamte copies of the game that aren't in their region get banned...

i.e, the french release a few weeks ago.

Of course I can't be sure, who can. But I wouldn't trust what he says down to the letter it's a general statement and hasn't been made textually. All official statements on this matter have denied outright that they ever ban based on playing a game early...Hype and bs peddled by the uninformed if you ask me. (The uninformed as in the fools playing the pirated p2p french rip who then tell their mates and they tell theirs and so on).

damndl0ser said:
inverted3reality said:

This is not true.  If you have an illegal copy there are ways of finding out if you do or not. 

Actually he's right. A properly made backup cannot be detected...so far at least. There's such a massive area of debate on this, I'd suggest having a proper read up before repeating something someone told you and look it up properly yourself, it's all well and good believing the countless idiots on the internet who say they were banned for x or y but that doesn't make it true.