By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Where are all the Wii Motion Plus games?

So the WM+ has been out for quite some time.  It makes the Wii-mote do all of the things it should have done from the beginning.  I occasionally enjoy Wii Sports Resort with my son and had a good bit of fun with Tiger Woods and Grand Slam Tennis although I've now traded those 2 in because I've mostly lost interest in my Wii outside of Mario games.  Anyway, has anyone noticed how poorly the WM+ is being supported?  Even 1st party titles like Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics aren't using it.  I'm pretty sure even Nintendo's major holiday release of New Super Mario Brothers Wii doesn't use it either.  What a waste!  The Wii Motion Plus (for awhile at least) was the one thing getting me interested in the Wii again.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Around the Network

It's going to take some time. Maybe companies feel that regular motion is good enough for consumers, like the graphics?

If it doesn't add to the game, why have it? You will need it for Red Steel 2 and the next Zelda though.

I agree, again not N's faults since they have sold millions of accessories. I really can't believe that LucasArts hasn't announced a WMP Star Wars game, they would have made so much money out of that, I bet that they will make one for Sony's wand for sure even though it will never sell as much units as WMP already has and will continue to sell.

So far there's Tiger, Grand Slam, Virtua Tennis, Sports Resort, Red Steel 2, Zelda, NH2K10, Rage of the Gladiator, The Grinder, Gladiator AD, Span Smasher that are out or announced. That's 11. More will be forthcoming.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
If it doesn't add to the game, why have it? You will need it for Red Steel 2 and the next Zelda though.

But on the flip-side, why not add it to games that could benefit.  I just watched the Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics video review on Gametrailers and they talked about imprecise controls.  Why is it not in there?

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

keep in mind Nintendo sprung Wii Motion Plus as a surprise 2 E3's ago. Game devs were caught off guard (look at Lucas Arts) so their probably wrapping up their projects w/o WM+ and starting to move onto it more seriosly

Activision's Cruise Ship Games uses it.

So it can be applied to even shovelware mini-game collections.

Basically, the roll out of larger games that will be using it will be coming soon.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Avatar uses it and is hitting this holiday

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

So that's 13.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.