By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Do RRoD Replacements Count as Sales?

I read somewhere that replacement 360s handed out by stores count as sales. Can anyone confirm this?

If this is true, then 360's real sales should be noticably lower than the official number.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

Around the Network
Damnyouall said:

I read somewhere that replacement 360s handed out by stores count as sales. Can anyone confirm this?

If this is true, then 360's real sales should be noticably lower than the official number.

Replacements no, but re-purchases yes.

Which makes attachment rates presumably lower.

I am not 100% sure but I highly doubt it is.. the stores send it to MS who send it back to the store itself.. so i don't know how this would count as a sale..

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

No, this is a pretty common myth that your typical forum-fanboy will throw around in order to either make their console look better or make the 360 look worse.

It's not true, nor will it be next month when someone else's alt asks the same question just to stir the pot.

Around the Network

Seems like a sensitive topic :)

Fufinu said:
Damnyouall said:

Actually it would make attachment rates higher since there would be fewer xboxes out in the wild than the numbers would suggest, but software sales remain the same, hence the ratio goes up.

And you're not in trouble here, but just because threads like these usually turn into giant shit storms and your question has been answered I'm going to go ahead and end this thread now to save me or whatever other mod that would have to deal with the headaches.

Don't think thats even legit....but I agree about the re-purchase as counted.

De85 said:
Fufinu said:
Damnyouall said:

Actually it would make attachment rates higher since there would be fewer xboxes out in the wild than the numbers would suggest, but software sales remain the same, hence the ratio goes up.

Yes the real sales ratio would go up, but the perceived and recorded ones would be lower. I see how you calculate this as an advatage for the 360.