By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 BluRay Drive is broken.

jneul said:

all that duplicate quoting there is gettiing a little bit big don't you think!!^^

microsoft have to fix 360's otherwise they would be forced to discontinue the xbox 360 line as it is that liable to breakdown, it's so funny watching fanboys downplaying the failures of the xbox 360.

Have to or not, MS does do it, it's so funny watching fanboys overhype 360 failure. Well, not so much funny as old and sad.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network
ironman said:
jneul said:

all that duplicate quoting there is gettiing a little bit big don't you think!!^^

microsoft have to fix 360's otherwise they would be forced to discontinue the xbox 360 line as it is that liable to breakdown, it's so funny watching fanboys downplaying the failures of the xbox 360.

Have to or not, MS does do it, it's so funny watching fanboys overhype 360 failure. Well, not so much funny as old and sad.

woo yall calm down lol.I'll have to say the 360 failure rate is not over rated to me or the other millions. Everyone i know with a 360 had to get a new one or fix the old one.Back before the issue made headlines Microsoft charged us $150 to repair RROD and said it was a user error.They later extended the warranty because the failure rate was outragous and people would stop buying them.You could say use the 3 year warranty and be happy but i was one of the many who got RROD before they extended the warrenty and had to either pay $150 or fix it myself.

ironman said:
jneul said:

You do know they actually did a survey amongst 360 users, and the result of failures was very high, deny it all you want, it does not make any difference.

RROD is just one of the many problems the Xbox has, unfortunately it has other feature such as disk scratching, it made cheaply and as a result, the quality of the product has suffered.

I just feel sorry for all the people who continuously buy newer models of the 360 in the hope that they have finally solved the RROD problem

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

ironman said:
Xoj said:
ironman said:
Xoj said:
ironman said:
Xoj said:
ironman said:
Steroid said:
Kantor said:
Garnett said:

Sony should fix it for FREE, After all there competor is doing it for free.

Microsoft repairs disc read errors?

Actually MS charges $100 for DVD drive fix. Only RROD and "E74" are covered so Garnett is pretty much trollin'.

I find that laughable, the irony in your statement is fantastic! Anyway, The DVD drive fix is covered with a one year warrantee, RROD and E74 are both covered by three. Check your facts next time you decide to call somebody a troll.

he is, because sony also cover that in their 1 year warranty.

for free and they sometimes cover it if your are not that far away from warranty.

again only 1 of 100 will experience such problem and it's normal for that kind of devices, DVD players, dvd rw, and my wii  experience that at least once, lucky on warranty time.

I never said he wasn't, I did however say that it was ironic that Steroid was accusing him of trolling because of steroid's statement. And the reason Steroid was calling Garnett a troll was faulty, I was merely pointing that out as well. I guess you missed it too...somehow, I am not suprised.

no, you missed it. i am merely pointing out the whole deal, u just happen to be the nearest post.

almost everything it's covered in the first year warranty. disc error /death console / HDD by both sony and microsoft

but the extended warranty for the 360, only it's for rrod and E74 (not before ).

steriod was referring to the 3 year warranty he is right. microsoft charges 100$ out of warranty 1 year warranty for disc drive.

when garret

Neither Steroid nor Garnett were very clear on what warrantee they were talking about. Steroid did not say that he was talking about the extended warrantee and seemed to act as though the only warantee available for the 360 was the RROD/E74 warrantee. Thus, my initial assesment was spot on. Garnet may have been talking about the extended warrantee, but since it doesn't cover anything other than the RROD/E74, and he is a pretty large 360 fan ( and then some) it is hard to gage what he meant in that post.

both are clear, and already said why, all manufacturer 1 year warranty fix disc error for free, almost any fabric problem.

steroid was right, because he also pointed about RROD / E74 which is covered in 3 year warranty.

out of the normal warranty, microsoft only covers rrod and E74.

they don't fix disc error for free after a year.

No, neither are clear, Garnett said something that was a factual error and it was unclear whether he was pointing to a three year warranty or a one year warrantybecause he of all people would know that the drive repair is only free inside the one year warranty. Since Steroid was replying to Garnetts unclear post, and did not clarify the position he was coming from, it is natural to assume that he was talking about the 1 year warranty since this is the only scenerio where Garnett's statement is true.

it's not true.

SONY REPAIRS FOR FREE LENS PROBLEMS IN THE 1 YEAR WARRANTY.

and he said they didn't, and they do, only after the year warranty sony don't for free, charges 150$.

same for microsoft.

so both were talking about after 1 year warranty is over.

Install 360 games to the hard drive and you never have to worry about disc scratching ever. My game discs might get dusty but that's pretty much the worst that happens to them. Not a single scratch. The only scratched disc I have is of a used game and that game runs perfectly. The previous owner obviously doesn't know how to take care of his games.

I'm not even sure it's a problem even if you don't install the games to the hard drive. You want to know why people scratch their discs? Because many of them have moved the console or accidentally knocked it over while the disc was spinning. But if you want to be 100% safe, install all your games to the hard drive. It's better for your drive to do so anyway and the drive won't be generating heat on top of the heat your GPU and CPU are generating.

Around the Network

Sorry for the bump but I can't make new threads.

Has anbody on VGchartz successfully cleaned or replaced their bluray laser???

My slim doesn't read discs (BR, DVD or games) 90% of the time. It is out of warranty with Sony but under GAME extended warranty.

I don't want to take it to them as it would just be a waste of time and my PS plus is running out in two weeks (haven't completed infamous 2 yet). Does anybody advise or advise against manually cleaning / replacing the BR drive yourself.

I have seen plenty of tutorials so know how to do this but has anybody here ever had any problems with this?