By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter 4

I'm not sure how the game will be, but that trailer should win the kickass award of the year. One of the best trailers ever.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
I'll be interested, but not for full price, more as a "Buy it for 5 dollars when Street Fighter 4:Championship addition comes out." or it bombs.

Even when adding the number 4, the cycle continues.

@ Ihira: I believe you, but in my opinion they should call it Street Fighter 2: Ultra super special edition deluxe or something. If they gonna go for a number 4, they should go for something new. The previous 3D Street Fighter wasn't popular because it was crap. But if they can pull of the kind of visuals as in the movie, nobody will care if it's 3D! It's 3D but has that 2D look to it! That's what I had in mind. Besides there are no real 3D fighting games that are truely 3D in gameplay.

Yeah, I never thought SF3 felt like enough of a new game to warrant that 3 tacked on the end. It really just increased the amount of combo stuff you have to do, which I never liked anyway. It's kind of odd that SF fans won't buy it if it goes 3D, because the only thing that could convince me to buy it would be a drastic change to its visual style, like the 3D cell shaded flowing ink seen in the trailer.

I can't quite believe how you can see SF2 and SF3 similar enough to not grant 3 on the end.
If improved visuals, bunch of new characters, future storyline, new game play (parries and Super-arts) isnt enough I dont konw what is. Going 3D? please...
No offense or anything but its just a different mindset between Casuals that don't know anything about competitive fighting games and the ones that have and been loyal to the series. If they decide to name it 'Street Fighter 4' they have to resemble similar gameplay to its predecessors or else something like going 3D would be betraying SF fans and I dont think Capcom is that dumb.

From my point of view, Sf2 , SFAlpha, SF3 series are all very different from each other not only visually but characters and gameplay wise there are plenty of changes. But thats in a somewhat hardcore fighter players eyes, I can understand from a casual they all look like the same old 2D fighter again.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

Around the Network

Forget 3d all it does is complicate things. All they need is some nice 2d sprites that are better than guilty gear X2. (if you dont know it look it up lol) What they need is to make sure its a balanced enough game. 3D visuals arent important.

And ofcourse they have to stay close to their original formula somewhat or else they'll just alienate the people who played it in the first place.