By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo: Reach - First 15 milion seller ?

It just depends on how much advertising Natal takes away from Reach. If Natal takes a lot of the advertising that Reach would have had then it will be much harder for it to cross the 15 million mark. More than likely they will try and cross promote Natal and Reach at the same time though, so it probably has a good chance. I will be picking it up (hopefully the graphics are better and there is some sort of class structure).

Besides, I can totally see Halo 3 reaching 11-12 million in sells before Reach is released anyways. People who never picked it up and tried ODST will probably go back and give it a go as well.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network

I expect it to sell fewer copies than Halo 3 has so far.

I think Modern Warfare 2 will be a bigger seller, maybe if Halo Reach were called Halo 4... I think the layman gamer is hetting a bit confused with the Halo brand now and doesn't know what to buy.

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Are people really doubting Halo: Reach's legs to hit 13-15 million? Really? It's possible that Halo 3 could reach 11 or 12 lifetime.

I believe ODST gives an indication of what to expect for sales from future Halo games. Halo fans still think Halo is big, but a lot of gamers have moved on to other shooters.

Around the Network
txrattlesnake said:
I believe ODST gives an indication of what to expect for sales from future Halo games. Halo fans still think Halo is big, but a lot of gamers have moved on to other shooters.

Was this a joke?  Go check out Xbox live activity for Halo 3 this week.  

damndl0ser said:
txrattlesnake said:

Was this a joke?  Go check out live activity for Halo 3 this week.  

It's not a joke for Halo Reach to sell to so many people it would have to attract new customers to Halo, and games like MAG and Resistance 3 will be out at roughly the same time and Killzone 3 will be on its way at the same time to show other gamers that there is more out there in the console shooter market than than just Halo.

Sales of 7.5 million over its first two years would be outstanding for Halo:  Reach imho.

Not a chance like every other HD game it will sell bucket loads for maybe a month then tail of into obscurity. I've said a hundred times before the only games that have legs are ones with Nintendo all over them

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

txrattlesnake said:
damndl0ser said:
txrattlesnake said:

Was this a joke?  Go check out live activity for Halo 3 this week.  

It's not a joke for Halo Reach to sell to so many people it would have to attract new customers to Halo, and games like MAG and Resistance 3 will be out at roughly the same time and Killzone 3 will be on its way at the same time to show other gamers that there is more out there in the console shooter market than than just Halo.

Sales of 7.5 million over its first two years would be outstanding for Halo:  Reach imho.

Halo 3 will beat all of those games combined (in sales) probably doubling them.  They are not direct competitors to Halo Reach.  Halo ODST (basically an expansion) had great sales for what it was.  It just shows that Halo is still a strong performer.  Time will tell.

Nah I don't think so man. I'd say the game with the best chance is the next Grand Theft Auto assuming it gets the reviews GTA4 got but is more like GTA3/Vice City