By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 8 - Game Thread

Someone roleclaims cop, and fingers someone, early in the game ... and you don't know what to do?
I gave you guys a great start. Don't blow it ... heh

/zombie and I'll stop talking about game stuff

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Also:

@Gnizmo
Anti town probably figured I'd be protected and didn't target me. I was sure they wouldn't risk wasting a perfectly good kill, especially when they probably figured another faction would target me anyway. My real worry was the prostitute but it looks like she's pro town after not targeting me. The results say guilty Gnizmo and your days are over. When you get lynched, everyone will see that I've been telling the truth throughout the whole game.

Nobody thought there'd be four doctors and a bodyguard this game, let alone more. I highly doubt either anti-town faction thought you'd be protected, given that most people thought all the protective roles were dead by last night.

I do know that no matter what, at least one of the two anti-town factions would've wanted you dead for fear of you being a cop.

My thoughts:

VOTE: Hatmoza

Mafia/WW Doctors. Mafia/WW Siblings. Both factions making the same choices the same night, XD.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were Mafia/WW Prostitutes, and if so, it only makes sense that if they weren't going to target Hatmoza, one of the factions would atleast hold him down. I doubt a doctor can protect you from a whore since doc's only prevent night kills. I think hatmoza's bullshitting us.

I think it's also safe to assume that the mafia and were wolf factions are identical [same special roles for each]. Also, 11 dead including 6 in one night, yet not a SINGLE TOWNIE. Either all of the townies are lurking or this game is just full of power roles [4 doctors???!!! Including one that thought he was a cop???!!!]. Also, this explains why Zexen was so certain that there were more doctors still alive, XD. I just found that funny.

4 ≈ One

You know what, lynch me! When you see I'm cop, you will all see that Gnizmo is lying through his teeth.

If you do the right thing and believe me, not only would you see that I'm innocent but we will also rid the town of the scum Gnizmo

I'm not a good liar but dammit when I'm being so honest like I am this game it really hurts not to try to put up a fight and do everything I can possible to gain all of your trust.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I still think that fake roleclaiming in the manner hatmoza did would just be a really bad idea all around, but then, maybe he just made a bad decision. I will say that his actions today are incredibly suspicious.

Insane cop would cover everything while still painting hatmoza in a reasonable light. But that's a rather obscure role.

Hopefully another cop investigated gnizmo or hatmoza, and will roleclaim today. Of course, with no more doctors, that'd be a death sentence. Not to mention they could be lying too.

Around the Network

You know... on day 2 with you're crazy role claim and the posts you and Gnizmo made, I thought you two were working together... Guess not... or is that what you guys want me to think!!!???

4 ≈ One

makingmusic476 said:
I still think that fake roleclaiming in the manner hatmoza did would just be a really bad idea all around, but then, maybe he just made a bad decision. I will say that his actions today are incredibly suspicious.

Insane cop would cover everything while still painting hatmoza in a reasonable light. But that's a rather obscure role.

Hopefully another cop investigated gnizmo or hatmoza, and will roleclaim today. Of course, with no more doctors, that'd be a death sentence. Not to mention they could be lying too.

That would clear everything up to everyone's satisfaction I imagine. Any other cop that investigated me would have me come up as innocent. We had 4 pro-town doctors. There is likely at least one more cop running around out there.

@Hatmoza
If you are telling the truth then you need to accept that you are insane. It is your only half hope of surviving the next couple of days. You screwed up by trying to have your cake and eat it too. You decided to go for a night kill on your faction AND try to fake investigate me. You over-played your hand and now it is time to pay up.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

No, I didn't screw up Gnizmo. I am not as skilled as you are at talking but I'm willing to sacrifice myself to prove you are guilty by me popping up as cop tomorrow.

I will leave it at that.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I believe gnizmo is a mere towny, who sits at home in front of his computer screen at night perusing pictures of goats and fine women.

What say you, gnizmo?

hatmoza said:
No, I didn't screw up Gnizmo. I am not as skilled as you are at talking but I'm willing to sacrifice myself to prove you are guilty by me popping up as cop tomorrow.

I will leave it at that.

If you are the cop then you are insane, simple as that. I do not fear the results of your lynching because I know I am innocent. Tomorrow will come and the town will be better off.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229