By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 8 - Game Thread

hatmoza said:

@ FF

What I meant by "everyone" was insomniac. I may have exagerated more than one person because I counted WoW's confirmation as another person confirming it.

The part you said that didn't make sense: I meant that my act was an act of desperation as I have no doctors to protect me anymore. When I would have eventually found an anti town I would be surrendering my role anyways.

Again this is a big mistake. You're going to lynch a cop and give the WWs and Mafia more kills tonight.

As dsister said I'm just trying to make people aware of the whore because I feared I would have been night killed tonight without offering whatever help I have found.

What you said was "But when you have both doctors and a bodyguard dead, you really are a dead man as soon as you find a guilty player."

This makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE in the context of you explaining why you roleclaimed.  It is merely an observation that the cop is very vulnerable once he claims, which is exactly why I was incredulous that you would actually be the cop.  

HOWEVER:  after playing video games for however long I haven't posted in this thread, I guess I've had some thoughts percolating, because despite hatmoza's terrible, terrible reasons, and despite the fact that I don't really buy any of your defenses of him, I've changed my mind.  I believe him for the moment.  

Because the whole reason I voted him is because I thought he was more intelligent than my estimation of his "alleged cop" actions ... but it's even WORSE if he's a bad guy.  He's drawn huge attention to himself, which will only get worse and worse as he fails to die day after day (assuming the other bad guy faction(s) don't get him).  Moreover, your cop roleclaim came almost immediately after pressure came on you, and not strong pressure either.  Going so eagerly to the well you drank from so dramatically last time would ... not be smart.  

I'm not changing my vote because he, or any of you, convinced me.  I'm not changing it because he, or any of you, threatened me.  (Although I suppose the fact that I'm backing down will make you think I'm guilty too -- I doubt there was anything I could do that wouldn't increase your suspicion of me.) 

I'm changing it because I've come to realize that it maximizes the apparent intelligence of hatmoza's actions, which was the same motivation I had for voting him in the first place.  

Unvote hatmoza

And BTW I'd like to remind you that before all this I had a FoS on Gnizmo, although I'm sure you don't care too much about my detection abilities at the moment even if you don't suspect me.   

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
See that's why I don't blame people for lurking in these mafia games anymore, because of that mentality, "Lynch the active players".
I really considered laying low axum, but we are talking about me hatmoza, the guy that's gonna take the blame for saying something. Just look how ridiclous FFs argument is when I'm being honest this time. I figured if I stayed quiet I would have gotten lynched for Nord's death again.

This is why it really burns me to unvote you, because you're acting SO damn suspicious.  Throwing around FUD like it was going out of style at all the people who initally suspected you, being a drama queen, etc. etc.  But I don't think you're outright stupid ... so I unvoted you.  

Seriously, you think I went after you for being active?  I wen t after you for doing something I can't imagine a cop in his right mind doing.  But now that I've thought about it I can't imagine being a mafia doing what you did either, so ... off the hook for now.   

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

^ Come to think about it that's a pretty good short version of the above post for you "tl;dr" folks.

You really are going to eat all these words your spewing when I eventually die and revealed to be a cop FF. Your just further hurting your credibility the more you accuse me.

And yes you did unvote me because the pressure's on you now.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

You have no idea how much I wanted -- want -- to keep my vote on you. NO. IDEA.
But I still think you're not that dumb. Keep digging though, you might convince me.

Around the Network

And please stop flattering yourself, you make it seem like I'm safe because your choice to unvote me has saved my skin ...

FYI you didn't get me lynched last game, WoW did. Stop taking credit from other people.

I have a bone to pick with you mister

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Where did I say or imply that you're safe just because I unvoted you? Although since you brought it up, most of what convinced people, I think, was due to me and Gnizmo.

And don't try to steal my one glorious victory from last game! I was the one who flushed you -- I hunted you down -- WoW just sent the hounds in.

i kind of suspected hatmoza because he role claimed with no hard evidence and after two of are doctors died making him a easy target to tonight but i have my doubts about it sincehe has a history of fake role claims so the mafia and the werewolves would most likly pick someone else to role claim been the cop

so im going to vote for Megaman.2 because i haven't seen him post on this thread yet

vote: Megaman

I'm back but I hate no idea on who to vote for. Hatmoza is acting weird... like in all the previous games. Final-Fan is being a little suspicious, and thats pretty much all I got.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

I kinda believe hatmoza story (bad lair)

I cant belive some people want us to kill a cop role claim in day 2

Am voting megaman, i knew he wasnt serious in playing from the start

i would like to ask wow to mod kill him Megaman

And until he do

VOTE: Megaman

Fos: FF

Fos: Ginzmo

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)