By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 8 - Game Thread

dsister44 said:
@Hatmoza

Yes

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Roleblocker

Oh that explains how you know then......

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

@Supermario

Because I am homeschooled and have a lot of free time. I am sure that a lot of the other people have read the Mafiascum website thoroughly

So mafia can kill and roleblock? Not cool.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
@FF

No not fucked up, we have something to work with now.

And I have an important question for WoW, Ilooked up MafiaWiki and it said that role blockers try to prevetnt kills. Is the prostitute pro town? If so we can use her.

Well, unless this prostitute is an awesome player bordering on psychic, there was no way for it to know you were really something worth blocking ... until you said "fuck I'm the cop and I just got roleblocked".  

The rest of your post has been answered.  

Although I'd like to add:  that's an awfully obscure role; I think it's at least a bit likely that dsister is it due to his knowledge of the role, unless he's very experienced at Mafia.   

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I mean, @ your "homeschooled + free time" post -- I like to think I've read up on the roles, but it's not listed under its own name, just a subtype of "roleblocker", so for you to pull that out is impressive bordering on suspicious.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Have faith in me nordlead axum. We still most likely have an alien andbody snatcher to protect me.

I was going to stay quiet but I just know I would have died if I just layed low another night.

Fun Fact, I died day 2 in every mafia game I've played.

Like I sayed have them both target me and the hooker block me HOPING that I miraclessly get protected somehow. Lets keep the anti town guessing and hope we get the prostitute lynched!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Ok.... so... um... let me get this straight...

There's a whore who works for the mafia and blocks roles. Hatmoza claims he was blocked last night and he tried to investigate Darth. Is it possible that someone else blocked you, and you simply couldn't do your investigation because of that? Not sure how that whore role works.

4 ≈ One

hatmoza said:
@FF

No not fucked up, we have something to work with now.

And I have an important question for WoW, Ilooked up MafiaWiki and it said that role blockers try to prevetnt kills. Is the prostitute pro town? If so we can use her.

A prostitute is a Roleblocker.  It may or may not be Mafia-afilliated.

Final-Fan said:
I mean, @ your "homeschooled + free time" post -- I like to think I've read up on the roles, but it's not listed under its own name, just a subtype of "roleblocker", so for you to pull that out is impressive bordering on suspicious.

After my first game I completley read through all the roles.  I also decided that it is my dream to be the "stump". It is always best to be prepared

Final-Fan said:
Gnizmo said:
Hatmoza has already said he will always try to kill Nordlead night one. As such I am currently the most suspicious of him. Also, who car bombed the hospital? That was messed up.

So 5 kills. 1 from mafia, 1 from werewolf, and 3 to be explained. 3 serial killers seems excessive. I am going to guess paranoid gun owner, vigilante, and a serial killer off the top of my head. This is not close to a comfortable call on my part, but it is my best guess.

I don't think the Paranoid Gun Owner actually gets night actions; it just retaliates against anyone that targets it.  

2 serial killers and a stupid vigilante seems the most likely to me offhand, although 1 SK and 2 stupid vigs is also possible, or something altogether different.   

I want to FoS Gnizmo.  I don't have a concrete reason or anything I could really even articulate clearly.  I just think that even after I've made adjustments for him being naturally suspicious he still seems suspicious to me, and I want to know if others feel the same way.

I am well aware of the paranoid gun owners role. All the people who died last night target someone else. My thought is that one of the three targetted the paranoid gun owner, and that is what got them killed.

As for being suspicious, well you are welcome to do so, but have something of substance first. People will band wagon lynch me rather rapidly in these games even when it is blindingly obvious that I am innocent. I cannot defend myself against a gut instinct that is wrong. I will gladly explain any of my posts though.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229