By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 8 - Game Thread

Words Of Wisdom said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Can cult members talk to each other at night? I'm very curious as to how nen-suer got the information on outlaw (and presumably Carl)

Cultists may speak with one another during the night in a manner similar to Mafia, Werewolves, and Masons.

Thank you my good man! This is very troubling news then.

First: nen-suer lied about not knowing his leader.

Second: Unless WoW created a role like Cult Leader cop, the information about outlaw's werewolf-ness had to come from a converted cop.

Third: I believe that if the leader had died, we would have been informed of his role

So that means we may have two cult followers left.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Who called it?

/psychic zombie

Knock it off.

If the Cult Leader is dead (and he should be if he targeted Outlaw - every other role has followed the mafiascum roles to a T, so that one should too), then the remaining cultists would be doing their best to convince the mob to lynch both mafia/ww AND townies. Basically, anybody who's not a Cultist.

It could be nen was implying the leader was still alive simply to try and convince us he'd only be tipping us off about mafia/ww during the day (as the Leader would try and convert townies at night).

It could be that Carl is telling the truth, and nen was just trying to get another non-Cultist lynched.

BUT it's also highly likely we don't have any more doctors running around. If Carl's a doctor, that would mean we had 8 doctors running around in some form (including nen pre-conversion) PLUS a bodyguard. It just seems a bit much. ESPECIALLY given how many people died the first night, even with all those doctors

And where the hell are the other cops? I find it hard to believe we only had two.

TruckOSaurus said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Can cult members talk to each other at night? I'm very curious as to how nen-suer got the information on outlaw (and presumably Carl)

Cultists may speak with one another during the night in a manner similar to Mafia, Werewolves, and Masons.

Second: Unless WoW created a role like Cult Leader cop, the information about outlaw's werewolf-ness had to come from a converted cop.

Third: I believe that if the leader had died, we would have been informed of his role

I had assumed nen had recieved his information via an already dead Cult Leader, but since Nen was explcitly labeled a Cultist post-death, a Cult Leader would've been labeled in a similar manner.

So the Leader is alive.  Which means the Cultists would *not* want townies to die during the day, as that would give them fewer people to convert at night.  And if they knew Carl was a towny, he would've been converted by this point to be sure.

Vote: Carl2291

Also, I'm not sure if we can trust NinjaBlade's declaration of non-conversion. I mean that's exactly what a newly converted member of the cult would say...

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
If the Cult Leader is dead (and he should be if he targeted Outlaw - every other role has followed the mafiascum roles to a T, so that one should too), then the remaining cultists would be doing their best to convince the mob to lynch both mafia/ww AND townies. Basically, anybody who's not a Cultist.

It could be nen was implying the leader was still alive simply to try and convince us he'd only be tipping us off about mafia/ww during the day (as the Leader would try and convert townies at night).

It could be that Carl is telling the truth, and nen was just trying to get another non-Cultist lynched.

BUT it's also highly likely we don't have any more doctors running around. If Carl's a doctor, that would mean we had 8 doctors running around in some form (including nen pre-conversion) PLUS a bodyguard. It just seems a bit much. ESPECIALLY given how many people died the first night, even with all those doctors

And where the hell are the other cops? I find it hard to believe we only had two.

8 doctors does sound like too much. But I hate it when people role-claim roles like Doctor because then its hard to lynch them even if they're not telling the truth. Who are your other suspects?

I seriously doubt there are still more doctors...

4 ≈ One

makingmusic476 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I had assumed nen had recieved his information via an already dead Cult Leader, but since Nen was explcitly labeled a Cultist post-death, a Cult Leader would've been labeled in a similar manner.

So the Leaer is alive.  Which means the Cultists would *not* want townies to die during the day, as that would give them fewer people to convert at night.  And if they knew Carl was a towny, he would've been converted by this point to be sure.

Makes sense. The cultist seem like a big threat. I wonder how many the cult leader has already recruited.

TruckOSaurus said:
Also, I'm not sure if we can trust NinjaBlade's declaration of non-conversion. I mean that's exactly what a newly converted member of the cult would say...

Lol. So simple yet true.

4 ≈ One

TruckOSaurus said:

Or the Cult Leader merely went after somebody else.

Either way, I say we vote for Carl, and bank on the Mafia to gun for ninjablade if he is indeed a Cultist.  If we go for ninjablade and Carl is a mafia, we know damn sure the Mafia ain't gonna take out their own!

And I plan to hide again tonight.  For real this time lol.