By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ron Paul - Candidate for President of the United States

Ron Paul has some very interesting views.

Just a sample, here is his six point plan on immigration:

• End birthright citizenship.  As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong. 
  • Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
  • Enforce visa rules.  Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law.  This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
  • No amnesty.  Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
  • No welfare for illegal aliens.  Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules.  But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
  • Pass true immigration reform.  The current system is incoherent and unfair.  But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation.  This is insanity.  Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

Now that the U.S. Presidential season is starting to hit full stride maybe there could be a prediction thread for primary races and then for the full election.

Around the Network

Yay for xenophobia [/sarcasm]

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

I like Ron PAul in that he appears to be uncorruptable and votes based only on his viewpoints and not based on who pays him the most, or what will get him votes.

However, I disagree with nearly everything he says.

It's such a shame...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I like Ron Paul on almost every issue, but not immigration. Oh well, there is no one I agree with 100% and since I agree with people like Mitt Romney and Hillary Clinton less than 50% of the time and agree with Ron Paul over 90% of the time, I'll take the good with the bad.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

omgwtfbbq said:
I like Ron PAul in that he appears to be uncorruptable and votes based only on his viewpoints and not based on who pays him the most, or what will get him votes.

However, I disagree with nearly everything he says.

It's such a shame...

I'm afraid to ask what it is you do agree with since you say it's such a shame. I guess even if he is a polarizing figure it can be refreshing that he appears to be pretty damn genuine. 

Around the Network

I disagree with many of his views, BUT he's the only candidate who is genuine and doesn't seem to be in the pocket of the corporations. That would make a huge difference for the USA.

I'm about two thirds of the entire political spectrum left from this guy, so I'd much prefer to see one of your less far right candidates like Obama in the White House, but this guy wouldn't be half bad either.

@Parokki
More likely Hilary or Mitt or Rudy. Ron Paul is more like a spoiler but if he can get enough press and following he might be able to get the other candidates to actually say something meaningful and address real problems.

Actually, the most likely candidate to become the president is Christopher Dodd.

I would love for Paul to run as an Independent, so that the Democrat and Republican nominees will have someone in the race trying to keep them honest. Unfortunately, that will never happen.