By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - $100 a good deal for a PS3?

As I'm sure all of you know my beloved PS3 "sparkie" died on me yesterday.

So I found this guy on craigslist whos gonna sell me his PS3 for $100. I have 50 bucks and this place in chinatown will give me 50 bucks for my dead PS3. But I'm worried about them getting my CC info of the PS3.

Any advice?

Around the Network

Well a PS3 for $100 is like the sweetest deal i've ever heard so you should try to go for it.

As for your CC info on your PS3....would the place in your Chinatown care if you gave them a dead PS3 with no HDD? so take out your HDD and it'd be ok?

1. I don't trust Craig's List
  2. I wouldn't trust that the PS3 is 100% working
  3. Hook your hard drive up to a computer and then use a file shredding program on it if you're worried about people stealing your info.

twesterm said:
  1. I don't trust Craig's List
  2. I wouldn't trust that the PS3 is 100% working
  3. Hook your hard drive up to a computer and then use a file shredding program on it if you're worried about people stealing your info.

So the CC info is on the HDD and not in the mobo? Game saves too? That's good frackin news if so.

Most likely the ps3 is stolen. If you are going to buy it, make sure the transaction happens during the brightest time of the day at the most crowded area you can find and make sure you do not go alone. Good luck.