By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My brother's first foray into Playstation world.

he doesn't like MGS4?
maybe it stands for Metal Gear Solider 4, a Chinese rip-off lol

anyways, I didn't think it was possible. your brother did the impossible.

daaaayyyuuumm

Around the Network

Nice story. I hated MGS4 as well, I just found it boring.
I have 4 controllers, mostly for playing football (soccer) games with friends, but definately not anyone that is only "mine".

To bad he didn't like Uncharted, but I guess that game also has its fair share of cutscenes. Maybe something like Pixeljunk monsters could work for him, it's great to play 2-player co-op. Of course there is no refund if he doesn't like it...

gamelover2000 said:
I had and still have NO idea how to do stealthy things on MGS4

Lmao! Me neither.. I would try to sneak around and stuff but it never worked. I almost always ended up using my gun. And I always got a bad grade at the end of the Act for how many bullets I shot.. Lol. Oh well.

why don't they get a wii if they want some family funtime....?

don't like MGS4......you have to be commited i guess and i'm sure some would find it boring, but it is a seriously well made and beautiful game......

but uncharted DF boring.....???......i never thought i'd hear that....it's one of the funnest games i've played.....it puts a smile on your face...

but we all have different tastes in games and genres......for sure

Above & Beyond

bugrimmar said:

I guess the truth really is that MGS4 isn't welcoming for new people who haven't played the previous Metal Gears.

It was the first MGS game I owned and I loved it. Playing through the first time was awesome because there was so many weapons to collect, and they all feel nice - something I really love in any shooter. Then there's so much incentive to replay the game with all the rewards you get (rather than lame trophies).

Now if you're talkin abuot the storyline, then yeah.....I've read enough about the MGS background to realize that the game feels like some kinda tribute to the whole series. I get alot more frustrated by the act installs rather than cutscenes.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Around the Network

About Uncharted being boring, he said that the action felt repetitive, and it was not as exciting as Gears. He kept telling me that there weren't enough explosions and such.

He didn't get a Wii because he hates the idea of sweating while playing a game. He's 35 years old, and wants to play games to relax.

I've already shown them the Modnation Racers vid, and they're very interested in getting it. Far more interested than getting GT5 actually.

if he didnt like Uncharted tell him to try number 2, as it has amazing online (if thats what hes into) and the controlls of the game are so much better then the first (and the first game gad great controlls already)
There are also more expolosions

Wii is meant to bring the family together. But LBP sure takes some beating for local coop fun. Have they tried much user created stuff? Some REALLY fun levels out there in planet LBP.

For another family fun game get Buzz. It's fun doing the online user created quizzes because there are quizzes on nearly every subject. And there is plenty of variety of subjects and options in the main game too.

Seems like Uncharted 2 might be his thing.

I suppose it's too much to suggest Valkyria.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

there's no way he'll play valkyria.

actually, his 11 year old daughter has started making levels, mostly kiddy things, but she's getting better at it. i just get a great vibe when i see them playing together, always laughing and making jokes whenever something unusual happens in the game.

You should definitely show him the beginning of Uncharted 2 at some point. If there's any game that looks like a blockbuster movie with lots of huge explosions, and makes even other good games look like B movies in terms of action and pacing, it's Uncharted 2. Haven't quite beaten it yet, but I just played it for six hours tonight... half multiplayer and half singleplayer... and I only meant to play for 30 minutes.