By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official VGC Football Prediction League

Not a good idea, it will over complicate things. I could pick the league leaders from leagues where they win every year. The outcome could be to predictable.

Around the Network
SciFiBoy said:
zexen_lowe said:
Sure, count me in. Sucks that it's only Premier League, but hey, why not

the problem is, if I add more leagues, then there will be games only certain people play, hmm

maybe if I limit people to 10 predictions a week, and include a wider range of games to choose from?

football fan has a point...but i think your idea is a ood one........say picking 10 games from a league and 5 games form the champions leagues....you have to get the score right for three points anyway don't you...that is oretty difficukt to predict.....

maybe you can chose your league from england,germany,italy,spain,france...etc.....but obviously it would be alot of work to stop cheating as they all play at different timee...unless you just stick to sat...or somnething......complicated it can be....

i mean't to add...obviously i'm english and support tottenham so only really follow the premier league.........obviously i check out results from la liga,serie a,bundesliga and la ligue and look at tables.....but i don't see any games.......

Above & Beyond

well, can you people make your minds up

HOW MANY GAMES DO YOU WANT AVAILABLE EACH WEEK

Arsenal 4 : 0 Birmingham
Aston Villa 1 : 1 Chelsea
Everton 2 : 0 Wolverhampton
Man Utd 3 : 0 Bolton
Portsmouth 0 : 1 Tottenham
Stoke 2 : 1 West Ham
Sunderland 1 : 2 Liverpool
Blackburn 0 : 0 Burnley
Wigan 1 : 3 Man City
Fulham 1 : 1 Hull

Theres my 10. I think ive done it correctly.

Bigger font? More spaced out?

I say, 10 games from the ones you list.

Around the Network
SciFiBoy said:

well why don't we just start with th premier league and see how we do.....

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
SciFiBoy said:
zexen_lowe said:
Sure, count me in. Sucks that it's only Premier League, but hey, why not

the problem is, if I add more leagues, then there will be games only certain people play, hmm

maybe if I limit people to 10 predictions a week, and include a wider range of games to choose from?

football fan has a point...but i think your idea is a ood one........say picking 10 games from a league and 5 games form the champions leagues....you have to get the score right for three points anyway don't you...that is oretty difficukt to predict.....

maybe you can chose your league from england,germany,italy,spain,france...etc.....but obviously it would be alot of work to stop cheating as they all play at different timee...unless you just stick to sat...or somnething......complicated it can be....

10 games should be a good number, we don't want it too become too annoying. And I think everyone should have the same matches to pick, or at least pick 10 of a common pool (of, say, 15 or 20). Yet, what I'm saying is that having just the 10 matches of the EPL is boring, it's much more exciting to pick the outcome of, say, Madrid-Barça than of Burnley-Wolverhampton. I suggest that each week we check what are the most important matches that are played on the big leagues that weeken and make the pool of games to vote from there. For example, Boca-River is in two weeks, I'd like it to be featured in the competition as it's one of the most important matches in the world, but of course I'm not expecting anyone to predict on a Godoy Cruz-Atletico Tucumán

zuvuyeay said:
SciFiBoy said:

hmm

okay, Ill decide this, each week I will pick 10 games at random (though big mathces will allways feature), everyone predicts those 10?

SciFiBoy said:
zuvuyeay said:
SciFiBoy said:

hmm

okay, Ill decide this, each week I will pick 10 games at random (though big mathces will allways feature), everyone predicts those 10?

oaky doke.....u better tell FF...he has already made his predictions for next week......

and let us know on the other football thread...when the list is up...because that thread is ongoing.........nice one scifi.....

Above & Beyond

Are you editing the Op with the predictions? Might be easier than having them loose in the thread.

Could be like this:

On the end of the OP

1st week prediction

FootballFan:

Arsenal 4 : 0 Birmingham       CORRECT!       3 POINTS
Aston Villa 1 : 1 Chelsea         CORRECT!      1 POINT
Everton 2 : 0 Wolverhampton
Man Utd 3 : 0 Bolton
Portsmouth 0 : 1 Tottenham    WRONG
Stoke 2 : 1 West Ham
Sunderland 1 : 2 Liverpool
Blackburn 0 : 0 Burnley