By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Best Value Console

What the? when I bought my Wii, it included a free nun-chuck and wii-mote. Aswell, it doesn't say that there is a wii sport game included in it. that is $25 value on its own.

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

Around the Network

Though... I did have to dish out more for the wii fit which made the wii cost a lot more than the ps3 would have been... well anyway, article is biased anyway.

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

I still like the PS2 answer. I think the PS2 still counts in this conversation because it's being produced and getting new games. When will Sony kill it?
Don't forget 360's media sever capabilities or the other systems internet browsers.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

the PS3 is the best value. its a game console, it plays both blu-ray and dvds,
it has built in wifi, and enther net card, and free on line.

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

coolguy said:

to you.

To me, the 360 was the better value because it had my favorite franchise, Halo, it has Gears, and the controllers are second to none. To top it off, the initial investment was much lower than the PS3...so you see, value depends on many things. What is value to you, is not value to me.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network

Not surprising.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Shoestar said:
What the? when I bought my Wii, it included a free nun-chuck and wii-mote. Aswell, it doesn't say that there is a wii sport game included in it. that is $25 value on its own.

does it have a box??

ironman said:
coolguy said:

to you.

To me, the 360 was the better value because it had my favorite franchise, Halo, it has Gears, and the controllers are second to none. To top it off, the initial investment was much lower than the PS3...so you see, value depends on many things. What is value to you, is not value to me.

All very valid points. They have good games and an amazing controller. While 360 has the lowest initial investment like you say, $60 per year for live sure adds up. If you've had a 360 since launch and bought live every year that's $240 (60x4). So really unless your not going to buy live then the PS3 ends up being cheaper then the 360. 

Yes, Live does add add up, but  I can and do get it for $38.99 a year (where did you get $60.00?). it's fine because non of my friends have a PS3, and the PS3 does not have my favorite game series.  So, even though the PS3 can be cheaper, it is still not the better value for me.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Chairman-Mao said:
PS3 is the best value obviously. You get DVD/Blu-ray player, built in wifi and the online is free. For 360 wifi is extra and online costs money. The wii has no DVD player. So its pretty clear VALUE wise the PS3 is the best.

The 360 has been better value for me, cos it's the console I use the most by far. You can't just look at hardware spec sheets. It's how you end up using the consoles that matters. The 360 outperforms the PS3 in most cross-platform games and without silly forced installs and other annoyances, and the online service is much better and is therefore more than worth the £26 I've just paid to renew my 12 month subscription. I don't use the Blu-Ray player in my PS3 (other than to play games obviously) or the wireless, so that makes no difference to me. It's only used to play exclusives (at the moment at least), so it's essentially just the same as the 360 but with a smaller games catalogue and worse online (although it's free). As for my Wii, well that poor bugger hasn't been turned on for a long time and if I could go back in time, I'd keep the £180 I spent on it in my wallet.