By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mark Rein: "All our future games will support Natal"

Sounds like they are building Natal support into their engines.

Ricochet was built using UE.

Around the Network
justinian said:
"and everyone has it"

Depending on the price not everyone will have natal. The games will obviously work without it but at the same time developing a game with "natal with" and "natal without" will drive up time/cost of the games.

And the positive of that negative is that the devs will be making double their profit as they will have two markets for their one product

As for dev time driving up the cost of the games that will of course mean that "Gran turismo 5" is  going to cost at least $180 right ?.

Good to see all the big devs rating Natal so highly, watched the interviews from the best Japenese devs(they are also on live marketplace) seems they have big plans for it.

penguin said:
justinian said:
"and everyone has it"

Depending on the price not everyone will have natal. The games will obviously work without it but at the same time developing a game with "natal with" and "natal without" will drive up time/cost of the games.

And the positive of that negative is that the devs will be making double their profit as they will have two markets for their one product

As for dev time driving up the cost of the games that will of course mean that "Gran turismo 5" is  going to cost at least $180 right ?.

Good to see all the big devs rating Natal so highly, watched the interviews from the best Japenese devs(they are also on live marketplace) seems they have big plans for it.

If you split current X360 userbase into two parts where one has Natal and second one doesn't how do you double the markets and profits ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

MS and its underling Epic are going to have all sorts of Natal perks and incentives like; Natal only achievements ( much like they do now with online only achievements), Natal only maps and unlockables, and Natal only portions of AAA titles. I could also see them using Natal for some point (with your finger) and voice command shooting while the control pad is used for moving the camera and your character around.

Zlejedi said:
penguin said:
justinian said:
"and everyone has it"

If you split current X360 userbase into two parts where one has Natal and second one doesn't how do you double the markets and profits ?

I wasn't even gonna waste my time replying to that but good on you that you did.

@Mitsurugi

"I can also see them........".  Bear that in mind. What you SEE don't make it FACT. Only to yourself.

BTW: I am NOT anti-natal.

Around the Network
justinian said:
Zlejedi said:
penguin said:
justinian said:
"and everyone has it"

If the support for Natal is built into the engine (as it sounds it will be), then using those tools becomes a much less costly investment in time/development.  That being said, I'm down with you not hating on natal, just stating that I think the greater investment for Epic is up front, in the engine, and the dividends (natal support built in for anyone who uses there engine) would defray that cost.

LOL...gotta love all the folks "deciding" what you can and can't do with Natal, before even seeing and understanding the tech...brilliant, and classic fanatic behaviour.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

TRios_Zen said:
justinian said:
Zlejedi said:
penguin said:
justinian said:
"and everyone has it"

If the support for Natal is built into the engine (as it sounds it will be), then using those tools becomes a much less costly investment in time/development.  That being said, I'm down with you not hating on natal, just stating that I think the greater investment for Epic is up front, in the engine, and the dividends (natal support built in for anyone who uses there engine) would defray that cost.

Well said. I can find nothing wrong in what you just stated.

This is obviously depending on natal being a success...as I am pretty sure it will be.

M$ has hinted at expanding Natal tech outside of the Xbox. Think about using Natal tech for your desktop, or even making touch screen functions nearly obsolete. There are so many ways you can integrate the tech into gaming even on the PC.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
M$ has hinted at expanding Natal tech outside of the Xbox. Think about using Natal tech for your desktop, or even making touch screen functions nearly obsolete. There are so many ways you can integrate the tech into gaming even on the PC.

That's like saying PC gamers buy GfW games in masses becouse they support x360 pad. Some might do but most doesn't care and will buy game becouse it's good.

All UE engine games are easily ported to PC so how would it change anything compared to today ?

If there's only a few titles supporting Natal on PC and relatively huge userbase (few millions) I could see the increase in market as they would be more interested in Natal enabled games.

But if we assume there's plenty of Natal games on pc we are back to the same point where we are today.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB