By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The vgchartz ranking game--Fallout 3

+ great gameplay
+nice environments
+ the sound and music is something that will stay with me for a while
-you maxed to fast ( I think it raised after the DLC, but I have the ps3 version)
-the world wasn't as big as I would have liked
- the dark and dreary look got old fast
-story was good at first than tailed off and got boring.

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

Around the Network

I don't really care that you maxed too fast. By the time you get to level 20, much of the game is too easy if you choose the right perks, so I don't see the point in adding levels past level 30. VATS is pretty neat, but the best things are the setting and the dialogue, which is well written. I liked this one better than Oblivion.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

I love games with huge open worlds: this one is easily one of the best out there. There were a few bugs and whatnot, but that didn't really detract from gameplay when I played it. The level cap was a pain though. I hit it way too fast.

-.- it seems everywhere i go, twesterm is putting stuff i like down or calling it average! *declares war*

I'd give it a 9.4

Its got a great variety of guns, weapons, enemies, huge world, so many different choices to make your guy good or evil. There is so much to do and with the side quests (and just messing around) you can easily spend 100 hours on this. I think I got more than that even. Amazing game.

How could a 7 be average? 5.5 is the midpoint between 1 and 10. Half games should be below the midpoint and half should be above. 7 is in the top 30 percentile of all games. Yeah I know on Metacritic 75+ is a good game, 50-74 is average/mixed and below 50 is a bad game. But really the spread should be under 33 is bad, 34-67 is average, and 68+ is a good game.

Around the Network
Infinity said:
How could a 7 be average? 5.5 is the midpoint between 1 and 10. Half games should be below the midpoint and half should be above. 7 is in the top 30 percentile of all games. Yeah I know on Metacritic 75+ is a good game, 50-74 is average/mixed and below 50 is a bad game. But really the spread should be under 33 is bad, 34-67 is average, and 68+ is a good game.

Is that why your scores are so low? cause you score games based on a 5 being average?

Infinity said:

How is a 70 average at schools?  It just is.

We're not talking statistical averages here, we're talking arbitrary numbers.

If voting is still open I'll rate it as a 9.2

+Fantastic atmosphere
+Nuking a town
+Tesla Cannon
+Huge variety in character delevlopment - you can make your char gimped or awesome in so many different ways
+ALIENZ!!!!

- Took ages to get the PS3 DLC, and just after that they release the GOTY edition anyway
-Glitches
-Glitches
-Glitches

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

KylieDog said:
twesterm said:
Infinity said:

How is a 70 average at schools?  It just is.

We're not talking statistical averages here, we're talking arbitrary numbers.

That makes no sense, if a school has a 70 average that is a statistical average.  Infinity is right in what he states.

Well when you score games in my thread ya gotta score them with 7 being average.

Score : 8.5

+ massive playing time. I finished the game with DLC in 150 Hours.
+ unique dialogues when talking to other people.
+ very big land to explorer.
+ a lot of mysterious thing you can find while you explore the wasteland.
+ You can end a mission in a lot of ways.
+ Mods for PC version.
+ unique atmosphere.
+ Karma system which affects on you companions and the main storyline.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

- glitchs glitchs glitchs glitchs glitchs...
- NPC's acting is horrible & dull.
- shooting an enemy at his head 9 times doesn't kill him !
- decent graphics and fps.
- it looks like oblivion....with guns.
- repetitive gameplay. enter place, explore & get out.
- V.A.T.S is for noobs.