By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Sales UP! -- PS3 UP, Wii UP!....Everyone does well!

All consoles should start trending up in theory due to holidays,

Looks like Sony just started riding the wave with a bump at the right time. good timing.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&start=39509&end=40090

odd...PS3/slim launch/price cut made the PS3 sell better that week than it did on it's best week last year. never realised tht before

Bodes seriuosly well for this holiday season for Sony imo

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

IMPRESSIVE!!!!!! PS3 holds its ground!

Impressive PS3 hold up. Gonna be an interesting few months. Sony is showing Japan that they are again a viable competitor in that particular market. PS3 isn't going to be the pushover there before the Slim came about. I always predicted the Slim would do wonders in Japan (within home console boundaries), and it looks like I'm right.

Xbox 360 is not out for the count. They will figure out another move eventually. The only place I seem them definitely out is in Japan, but I don't think that is unexpected.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Torillian said:
ph4nt said:
DragonLord said:

Awesome!  How the hell did the ps3 go up???  Wowzers.  Anyway, great week for all.  

Hopefully Uncharted will keep the ps3 sales elevated in America...I don't expect it to move many consoles since it's a sequel, but it can't hurt sales, thats for sure.

people seem to be forgetting the best selling sports title EVER in europe, just released in Europe.

which made NA sales increase how?

I think that US residents just found out that the PS3 was released thanks to the "only does everything ads" - before they were all to busy buying crying dolls from hell.

The first week of Jan 2010 is going to be a very interesting time indeed...lol

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

PS3 is holding on very well. Wasn't expecting this level os sales - should be stabilized at least until the holidays season.

Awesome sales for the PS3 again! It has the SW too to keep it in that position right through till late next year. SONY timed it perfectly.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

^Yeah hopefully Uncharted 2 and R&C can keep the levels up til Xmas and through Jan. Might see a dip in Feb before the golden month of March.

ZorroX said:

So PS3 sales stabilized at 200k+ mark?
Well, i hoped it would do 250k+, but even 200k+ per week is around 1 mln. per month. Very good.
Next week Uncharted 2, we could see some boost in sales. But that we will know only after 2 weeks.

And Wii, looks like it`s glorious days are over for now, atleast till Christmas. Than we will see, how 50$ pricecut or actually 199$ price will work.

What do you mean by that? It has sold about 340k this week, and ioi says this week's sales in America (so far) have risen, so he expects higher sales (350-400k). It may outsell the HD consoles that week, which it hasn't done since 6 weeks ago.

WOAH I mever realised Slim week SOLD more PS3s than xmas week last year

anyway

the PS3 is outselling xbox 360 of 2008

basically its outselling the xbox 360 when it hit $199........very impressive!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey