By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Sales UP! -- PS3 UP, Wii UP!....Everyone does well!

i think it's amazing that the DS, in it's FIFTH year, is still up yoy.

Around the Network

X360 is in trouble.

One can see now that the PS3 is starting to stabilize at a 50,000 long term gap compared to the X360.

^ don't worry Microsoft won't stand by and watch.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

darthdevidem01 said:
Kantor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:
ps3... still pretty imprressive

wii.... not that impressive

360.... needs a kick.

ergh typo?

not at all... its marginally up year on year... it will be down year on year (weekly) again soon enough. 

So that yoy ytd drop of 3 million isnt coming back anytime soon. 

In summary, the price drop doesnt look like reversing the decline from 2008.

But ioi said Wii will go higher next week

ioi also said the PS3 would sell 600k consoles in September.

ioi may be right most of the time, but his word is not necessarily the truth. And at this point in time, kowenicki is correct.

True.....but ioi has been wrong on PS3 slim

We don't know how right or wrong he is on the "Wii" side of things.

Yes at this point kowenicki is correct, one would hope for higher sales from wii.

I think the difference between the PS3 number and Wii number from ioi is that PS3 number is prediction before release and Wii number is estimate from number received so far for the week.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

hatmoza said:
^ don't worry Microsoft won't stand by and watch.

Well they already countered with a $100 elite cut, what else can they do? drop the arcade?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
kber81 said:

Kowenicki doesn't enjoy making these charts anymore lol

Bullshit!

I started making the charts when the PS3 was eating the 360 at a big rate lead and I will continue whatever... dont project your fanboy crap on me, its insulting.

Ha! Why so serious? C'mon Kow you are one of lead 360 fans here... Don't pretend to be entirely objective.  I don't believe that these depressing 360 marketshare means nothing to you. BTW your nickname sounds like polish second name... my own has the same ending. Cheer up.

@Buzzi, it only gets better from here, Sony's established their new IP's, now they will just keep sending out sequels and previous franchises, which means less development costs and more profit, and more sales.

@ph4nt
Bundles. Hell even another Price drop isn't out of the question. They're losing momentum and something or anything must be done. ODST really didn't move hardware as much as they anticipated. If a Halo game can't come to the rescue, that's trouble. I predict a 199.99 elite being announced soon and a discontinuation of the Arcade.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
X360 is in trouble.

One can see now that the PS3 is starting to stabilize at a 50,000 long term gap compared to the X360.

Nope. The 360 is too far ahead. The only trouble it'll have is keeping up with the PS3 weekly. The gap will decrease, sure, but the gen will end with the 360 in front. It's too late now to make that significant of a gap up, but the PS3 will still be remembered for it's hefty library of quality titles.

No u silly.

The gap can be erased in only two years, while this gen has still at least three years left. And we musn't forget the sales that are overlapping into next gen, always a strong part for Sony.

Ps3 will win over X360 by at least 10 million units.

Next week, PS3 and Wii should be same or PS3 up by a little, you cant stop it.