By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The beast is back, 2009 Nissan GT-R!!!

Top speed of 193 mph, 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, a 473 hp, 433 lb ft twin-turbo V6

A great write up - http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071017/FREE/71017001/1065 

Now how do i get a 70k loan, any loan banker people on here ?  

Around the Network

*drool*

Is it based on the Altima's platform? It resembles it A LOT.

fazz said:
Is it based on the Altima's platform? It resembles it A LOT.

HEll no!

It rides on the ATTESA AWD system.

Wow, a Nissan that might not be designed to detach you from the road as much as possible , like pretty much all other ones they make. Every one I've test drove has had a bigger engine than most cars in its class, but handled like a boat.

Just last week I had to drive a 2002 Maxima around. The shifter was uncomfortable, the clutch pedal was twice as long as it needed to be, and it engaged way too high, and to top it off, the steering assist seemed unresponsive, like it was set up for a grandmother. I was happy to get out of the thing, and get back into my daily drive.

Around the Network

Now a comment From LEO-J:

Grant Turismo ingame looks better ROFL .

Geezus krist!!!!!!!!!!!! I think i creamed my pants :x

Well their mainstream sedans like the Altima and Maxima are boats, their smaller cars are exactly the opposite, they're very tight-handling cars.  Nissan has always been very conscious of enthusiasts and they make a real "driver's" car.  Before I had the Miata I drove a Nissan.  :)

Anyway, this GT-R looks fantastic!  I was not at all a fan of the concept GT-R, I thought it was pug-nosed, uninspired, and ugly.  This looks like an awesome update of the old Skyline, bringing plenty of modern style while keeping recognizeable visual cues from the old.  How about that engine, I assume it's some variant of the VQ35?

hfjfhfgyfyfjyt

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

hibikir said:
Wow, a Nissan that might not be designed to detach you from the road as much as possible , like pretty much all other ones they make. Every one I've test drove has had a bigger engine than most cars in its class, but handled like a boat.

Just last week I had to drive a 2002 Maxima around. The shifter was uncomfortable, the clutch pedal was twice as long as it needed to be, and it engaged way too high, and to top it off, the steering assist seemed unresponsive, like it was set up for a grandmother. I was happy to get out of the thing, and get back into my daily drive.

I respect your opinion, but I have owned a Nissan vehicle (two now) for about 3 to 4 years, and I feel the complete opposite. I feel that Nissan gives consumers the best drivers cars out there. Who really wants to own a Honda or Mazda (or GM, Dodge etc.) over a Nissan? They have been building quality vehicles for a very long time. Look at their current lineup. The new model Altimas are amazing (I own one), the 350s are a beast and are almost limitless in the custimization department, Sentra SE-R is a little rocket with a super cheap price-tag... really, if you are looking for a great sporty vehicle, look no further than Nissan. Now, look at the GT-R... if I had the dough I would snatch it up in a second... anyone want to lend me the cash?

Just kiss the tip.