By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - console + PC games are NOT exclusive

MAFKKA said:
You're either just sad, or you really can't see beyond your fanboy blindfold.

Yeah, try looking at my posting history and say that again, I DARE you. It's nice to know that you like many other's revert to calling names when caught in defeat. Btw, I'm reporting you.

There cant be light without darkness, there cant be peace without war. And there cant be exclusive without multiplatform. What is multiplatform? What is not multiplatform? If something stops being exclusive, what does it transform to? Castle Crashers was an XBL exclusive, and are now releasing on PSN - what does that mean? When refering to Castle Crashers, what would you define it as? Would TomTom GPS be touch phone interface exclusive?

That, didn't make any sense, There can and ARE exclusives WITHOUT Multiplatform...even more so since there is no other competition for the game, and no way to confuse people as you have obviously been confuzed.  

If we can define what multiplatform is, and we have, then the same product that classifies as a multiplatform, can not be exclusive.

Yes, we also clarified that Multiplatform is pointless to this whole thread.

Its like saying that water is "exclusive" to ice.

XD What? that is possibly the WORST analogy I have ever read/heard!!! You crack me up!

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network

Of course their not exclusives.

Exclusive = 1 platform (only)

Uncharted & The Last of Us 

(Definitely, best games of last Gen)

Guys, give up. Ironman is not only plain wrong on basic semantics - i.e. what does exclusive mean as per a dictionary, but he is determined to see the fact that MS provides the OS on PCs as somehow linking them to every game on PC.

In other words, he's not going to listen to common sense and we should stop trying to provide it.

Bottom line, I have more than one choice when a game is 360/PC or PS3/PC vs one choice when a game is PC only, 360 only, PS3, only, etc. Ironman refuses to see this. Whether I have a platform or not is simply a variable in my available choices. Again Ironman isn't seeing this.

The result, I can buy and play Mass Effect, Bioshock, L4D, etc. without needing a 360 , which isexactly what I've done.

As for the OS red herring. Unless the game is published, developed, or played on GFWL, then the OS doesn't matter. MS have nothing to do with the game nor do they see any profit from it per se. When I buy L4D2 from Valve via Steam and play it on Steam the fact I have an MS OS on my PC is irrelevant. I might as well say the title is nVidia exclusive because I have an nVidia GPU and so does the 360.

The term console exclusive is applicable when a title is 360/PC or PS3/PC, but it automatically does not then fulfill the criteria of a full exclusive, which is that I have to have the one and only supported platform to get it. The fact someone may not have a PC is irrelevant. Others do, the choice exists, and the title is not fully exclusive.

Just leave it. Sometimes you've got to stop beating your head against a wall. I am as it hurts my head to see someone so ignore clear facts.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

@Ironman
Instead of going CAPS-LOCK-CRAZY, let's just use the word, will we?

a) you're a clerk in a videogame shop. A client points at Gears of War on the 360 shelf and asks "is that exclusive to the 360?".
b) a friend comes to you and says: "I'm thinking of buying a 360, so I'm putting together a list of exclusives". Would you suggest to put Mass Effect in there?

In both cases obviously you'll want to know if the client or friend has a gaming PC, because a gaming PC is an alternative, viable platform for those games. And it's the platforms that count for the users, and you know it.

Saying that they are "console exclusives" is a cop-out from the issue of the OP, because it's not the general case: it's a definition that is only
a) relevant for someone who has not a (specced enough) PC, because for them it falls back to real exclusivity. In the same way would you say that FF XIII is a 360 exclusive for someone who only owns a 360 and no PS3?
b) useful in console marketing wars

I tend to think as a gamer and not as a MS or Sony or Nintendo marketing guy, so I know very well what I mean with "exclusive". How do you think?

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

gtcarro said:
Of course their not exclusives.

Exclusive = 1 platform (only)

Or in the case of around 90% of conversations here, Exclusive = 1 CONSOLE. That is what you apparently missed.

EDIT:) I'll get to the rest of you later, it's time for bed.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network

The term "console exclusive" should stand. Thats only because in my perspective, PC gaming seems irrelevant in today's gaming world, with the exception of MMO's. This argument would be much easier, if statistics for the PC version of the "console exclusive" games are available.

Agreed, PC/360 games are MULTIPLATFORM not EXCLUSIVE to the 360 in any way.  IF your arguing that it’s a "console exclusive" then you will have a point BUT it does not mean the same thing as "exclusive".

Ironman is either delusional or too hard headed to accept that he's wrong. So what if a game is running under windows, Guess what MS don't make a dime from PC games(unless they publish and created it). There are no licensing fees to release games on PC and this is a FACT.(there is a reason why PC games are cheaper) If this was true then EVERY program EVERY code EVERY software written for windows would have to pay a licensing fee to MS. So if you’re holding onto the hope that a game is an exclusive because MS profits from each copy sold on PC your just Delusional.

Also, SO what if the game is running of windows? isn't window running off an Intel/AMD CPU, a ATI/Nvidia GPU, a GIGABYTE/ ASUS etc mobo?  What difference does it make?. They don't call it a MS OS box they call it a PC, PERSONAL COMPUTER.

"Or in the case of around 90% of conversations here, Exclusive = 1 CONSOLE. That is what you apparently missed."

No this is only in your case, First you stated it is exclusive because it was only on MS products that you can play it, now you change and say it’s exclusive because it’s on one CONSOLE? Let’s make it clear here and now, the term "exclusive" dose not only apply to CONSOLES. That is a very narrow minded view. You've obviously been shifting your stance and making up rules and conditions so that it only benefits your arguments, there are no way to have a logical argument with you.

Xoj said:
well i played gears and i don't know a 360 ;).

And there is the perfect reason it's viable to count an exclusive for a console if it doesn't appear on any other console. Look at Gears sales on PC. LOL. I'll leave it there. PC and Consoles are 2 different markets. There is a small crossover, but they are different.

mebob said:

Agreed, PC/360 games are MULTIPLATFORM not EXCLUSIVE to the 360 in any way.  IF your arguing that it’s a "console exclusive" then you will have a point BUT it does not mean the same thing as "exclusive".

Ironman is either delusional or too hard headed to accept that he's wrong. So what if a game is running under windows, Guess what MS don't make a dime from PC games(unless they publish and created it). There are no licensing fees to release games on PC and this is a FACT.(there is a reason why PC games are cheaper) If this was true then EVERY program EVERY code EVERY software written for windows would have to pay a licensing fee to MS. So if you’re holding onto the hope that a game is an exclusive because MS profits from each copy sold on PC your just Delusional.

Also, SO what if the game is running of windows? isn't window running off an Intel/AMD CPU, a ATI/Nvidia GPU, a GIGABYTE/ ASUS etc mobo?  What difference does it make?. They don't call it a MS OS box they call it a PC, PERSONAL COMPUTER.

"Or in the case of around 90% of conversations here, Exclusive = 1 CONSOLE. That is what you apparently missed."

No this is only in your case, First you stated it is exclusive because it was only on MS products that you can play it, now you change and say it’s exclusive because it’s on one CONSOLE? Let’s make it clear here and now, the term "exclusive" dose not only apply to CONSOLES. That is a very narrow minded view. You've obviously been shifting your stance and making up rules and conditions so that it only benefits your arguments, there are no way to have a logical argument with you.

i totaly agree with bolded part, good post.

ImJustBayuum said:
The term "console exclusive" should stand. Thats only because in my perspective, PC gaming seems irrelevant in today's gaming world, with the exception of MMO's. This argument would be much easier, if statistics for the PC version of the "console exclusive" games are available.

looks like I have to post this a third time:

Do you want to know how stupid the "console exclusive" term is?
A PC exclusive means that it is exclusive to PCs.
A Xbox 360 exclusive means that it is exclusive to Xbox 360s.
A Console exclusive means that it is exclusive to Consoles!! That means that it is not coming to PC.
You can't use "console exclusive" to coin a PC/X360 game, or any game that is shared with the PC.
Halo 3 is console exclusive because it's not coming to PC, while Mass Effect is on PC and is not exclusive to consoles, capiche?

There's nothing subjective about the term "exclusive", the problem is that fanboys try to twist their meaning.