By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your pro sports gaming choice?

Okay, when it comes to American Football, it’s an easy call, Madden is the only choice, but it’s not so easy for other franchises, and since this is a sports franchise year for, I’m trying to determine which games to get, based on the demo on-hand.  

For Basketball, It’s looking like NBA Live over NBA 2K10…I liked the crisp movements in the demo, and the sharper graphics and closer FOV.  Many of the movement features are similar, but I’m not completely sold at this point.

For Football (Soccer)  I didn’t get either PES or FIFA last year, but I did get PES ’08 used for like 8 bucks, and I liked it, so I’m trying to decide what are the pros and cons of each.  I’m downloading the PES demo now, but I didn’t like the movement controls for FIFA’s demo…it seemed like I was sliding too much.  Anyway, I’ll have a better comparison after I play the demo for PES.  I’m leaning to PES, if they are even, simply because it launches at a better date for me, and I don’t to give EA all of my money this season…lol.

I’m not a hockey fans, and I'm not that into baseball to buy the game.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Basketball: Easily.....EASILY its 2k. The graphics , the animations , the faces , the gameplay , the assosiation......everything done so perfectly on nba 2k.Played the live demo and played the draft combine and it wasnt even close      2K wins again for the 5th year in a row.

Soccer: Fifa is basically the only one in the J mans eyes cuz PES has been falling off year over year (lasts years was horrendous)

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Those 2 basketball games are different? lol i thought they were the same game

Ok you don't like baseball, but really the clear choice is MLB: The Show, because it's insanely better than its multiplat competitor, MLB 2kX.  I think there's actually a big disparity in the hockey franchises, too, so I guess you wouldn't need advice on those two even if you were into the sports!

As for the others I really can't say.  I may look to get a football (soccer) game at some point, so I'm interested there.  Both franchises seem good.

NBA is 2k
golf is obviously tiger (and on wii)
madden if course

dont like hockey or soccer much so there im clueless

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Around the Network

Best Soccer game is Mario Strikers Charged.