By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I won't touch SuperStreetFighterIV until I can win with someone besides Ken

Looking at the new trailer Super Street Fighter IV looks every bit as awesome and more than SFIV.  I love the look of the game, the speed, and everything else EXCEPT the fact that unless you play as Ken, Ryu, or one of their clones you aren't likely to win.

I want to play as an actual fun character like El Fuerte and actually be competitive!  If I'm not playing as a tier I character online, it's pointless to even bother and it just sucks.  I hate their fighting style and they just aren't fun to play for me.  I don't expect to be world class with every character, but I at least want to be able to have fun with the game with someone besides Ken.

Until they actually make an attempt at balancing the game I won't touch it which is a shame because I would actually like to get SSFIV even if it is just a glorified expansion.

Around the Network

thats how most fighting games are now. which is probably why i stopped playing new fighters all together. that will change with the release of toshinden.

I play with other fighters just fine. It just depends on your aptitute. Street Fighter 4 is actually a rehash of the easiest series for Street Fighter. I would understand you if you were talking about Street Fighter Alpha or Third Strike. SF4 is a rehash of SF2. There is nothing complicated about it because it was created for casuals and gamers alike. If you don't get it......well....you have a long way to go. Don't give up if learning it is what you really want.

Practice with me!!
I swear I'll make you a better player!
It took me months but I'm a force to be reckoned with with C. Viper!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I love SFIV

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
I play with other fighters just fine. It just depends on your aptitute. Street Fighter 4 is actually a rehash of the easiest series for Street Fighter. I would understand you if you were talking about Street Fighter Alpha or Third Strike. SF4 is a rehash of SF2. There is nothing complicated about it because it was created for casuals and gamers alike. If you don't get it......well....you have a long way to go.

I get it just fine, you're really telling me that if I'm playing a bottom tier fighter against a top tier fighter that I have a good chance? 

You're crazy if you think that SFIV is actually balanced.  Just do a quick Street Fighter IV tier list search in Google and you'll see there are actual tiers.  A balanced shouldn't really have that.

i'm sure ono and the community will balance the shit outta SSF4

hatmoza said:
Practice with me!!
I swear I'll make you a better player!
It took me months but I'm a force to be reckoned with with C. Viper!

If you can make me good with El Fuerte (and if I didn't sell my copy, I don't actually remember)... >_>

-edit-

And I did learn a lot of the other fighters as well, just El Fuerte was the most fun

Balance in street fighter 4?

Hahahahahaha.

Sorry you know whats going to happen, there not going to, watch the new trailer with the new korean girl vs T-hawk at the Korean press reveal.

Her special cant even fully connect despite shes right in front of him and his standing prone, and as usual the controls aren't as responsive considering the host spends ten minutes trying to do her ultra while it activates a 2x spinning kick. (sound familiar abel players? trying to do an Ultra and suddenly you'll pull a air grab?)

Hate to break it to you but they cant really balance this game, once they allowed 2x attacks from Street fighter three happen with no parrying, its a mess. Your charge attack can only deflect one hit moves yet most characters have multi hit attacks also you LOSE HEALTH by deflecting with it. So better warm up to Ken, Akuma, ryu, sagat and zangief because thats all you'll play again online.

Why do you think you're having so much trouble getting a hang of El Fuerte?
At 1st I use to think he was a push over, but lately online people have been ripping me apart with him. Do you even do the trials or fool around in training? Because if you want to be good and fast in this game, you got to work your thumbs out.