By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 2 X Halo ODST - system sellers

Do you think Uncharted 2 will sell more PS3  than  Halo ODST is selling X360?

The two games are sequels but wich one is capable of attracting newcomers to either system?

Around the Network

I can tell you one thing, Uncharted 2 will be better IMO,Halo ODST sucked IMO.

Uncharted for sure because people who got ODST are the same folks who own Halo 3 already. I'm not familiar about bundles though.

HALO ODST Won't.

Uncharted 2 Maybe.

I was going to buy a PS3 when Uncharted 2 dropped, but decided I couldn't wait and got it early.. so I think some people may buy one for it.

Around the Network

I don't see either game as a big system seller, regardless of whether they are great games or not. I will be suprised if Uncharted 2 outsells ODST, but it could if Halo:Reach is released sooner than later and cuts the legs out from under ODST.

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, N64, Gamecube, Wii, XBOX360

Uncharted 2 may move a little, tiny bit more hardware than ODST.

That's mostly due to the momentum the PS3 has right now. Some people may be looking for excuses to pick up a slim. Uncharted 2 could be that excuse.

snyperdud said:
Uncharted 2 may move a little, tiny bit more hardware than ODST.

That's mostly due to the momentum the PS3 has right now. Some people may be looking for excuses to pick up a slim. Uncharted 2 could be that excuse.

Great way of putting it. I know that if I was on the fence about getting a PS3 right now, I'd probably rationalize the purchase with Uncharted 2.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Halo ODST sold 2.2 million but the Xbox 360 got boosted by a meagre 40k sales...
So its not a system seller but UC2 may have a chance since its the biggest release
so far for the PS3 since the Slim came out.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Neither are real system sellers. Uncharted 2 surely will move more hardware than Halo 3: ODST, but the impact in overall weekly sales still will be minor.