By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Help me spending 500€!

y do u want another 360?

Romance is like playing Mastermind except the girl never tells you which pegs you got right. - Seanbaby

Around the Network
shio said:
1- Build a kickass gaming PC for 400€ that will last you over 6-7 years
2- Cancel MW2 and L4D2 pre-orders for Xbox 360
3- Buy the ultimate versions of MW2 and L4D2 for PC and save 20€

No, PC gaming is not an option. Warcraft III is the only game I play.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
shio said:

So you don't mind missing the best lineup of alltime next year, with games like Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Command & Conquer 4, The Witcher 2, Stalker: Call of Prypriat, etc...?

HDTV or surround sound system

Car stereo or rims

If you don't have one, I'd go with a 42" LCD TV. (size may be off due to price estimates).

If you already have a really nice TV, I'd go with a Blu-Ray player/PS3 (I know you said no other console, but it is a cheap Blu-Ray player).

I wouldn't buy a surround sound system, because a good system with decent speakers will run you a few thousand which you obviously aren't spending that much. The home theaters in a box are junk and a waste of money unless you really don't care about the sound quality. In which case, why even buy a surround system.

If you aren't interested in that and hate having multiple controllers you could go with the Logitech Harmony 890/900/1000/1100 Universal RF remote. I have the 890 and I love it. I can control all my devices from anywhere in my house.

If you live by yourself and your 24yo your place probably isn't the cleanest it could be. Get a Roomba, I want one myself, but haven't gotten around to buying it

EDIT: lol, I started typing when you only had like 5 responses. See what happens when you get pulled away from your PC

EDIT 2: I don't buy Blu-Ray movies either cause I think they are too expensive, which is why I use Netflix for $15/month I get unlimited DVD/Blu-Ray rentals. I probably pay around $1.50 per rental which is really cheap. I don't know if you have any comparable services over there.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

bro seoruosly buy a ps3 slim man, if you are wanting the money to be spent on technolgy no offense that was the the dummest question ever if you dont have a ps3, METAL GEAR SOLID 4 UNCHARTED 2, RATCHET AND CLANK, and you also mentioned another 360 with forza bundle HOW ABOUT GT5, if you like racing games, YOU MUST BUY A PS3 JUST FOR GRAN TURISMO 5, that the most amazing car game of all time

shio said:
DirtyP2002 said:
shio said:

So you don't mind missing the best lineup of alltime next year, with games like Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Command & Conquer 4, The Witcher 2, Stalker: Call of Prypriat, etc...?

I sure wouldn't mind missing those games, plus why would he want to become an arrogant prick/PC fanboy?

OT: That MW2 bundle looks so great. I say go for that.

I say just send me a check made out 'To Bearer'

Clearly you have everything you need and should pass your good fortune on to others.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

shio doing his thing as always. I only care about C&C 4, StarCraft 2, and Diablo 3.

OT: Either buy a PS3 for exclusives, or I don't know, buy your gf a present. Don't know what else to say. Good luck!

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

As said earlier you can rent the Blu-Ray, you don't have to buy them...