By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Help me spending 500€!

Hey guys,

my 24th birthday is in 3 weeks and so far I have NOTHING that I really want to get. Okay, my grilfirend might get me this navigation system but that's it.

So my parents asked what they should buy for me and I really didn't know. I was thinking about a 2nd Xbox360 (The Forza Motorsports bundle with a 250GB HDD) but I am not sure.

Of course it should be something related to gaming or technology in general. I only own the Xbox360 and I am not interested in any other console. Not because I don't like them, just because I wouldn't have the time to play them. I do have like 4 games to play before I am up to date with the Xbox360.

Modern Warfare 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 are already pre-ordered.

I do have a pretty good cellphone as well, the Samsung Omnia i9000 and I do have a notebook for my work.

So tell me about your gadgets and recommend me some nice stuff please!

THANKS!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Expensive football boots always make me feel cool.
Maybe Borderlands? I dunno, i'd probably save it

A Blu-Ray player?

PS3 Slim+MGS4+Uncharted 2?

Some lingerie for your girl?

Hows your TV? Maybe you need an upgrade?

Go on a vacation?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Blueray player/PS3?

5.1 Surround Sound?

Or the 250 gig HDD 360.

Around the Network

Wow some people need to work on there reading comprehension. What you could do is cancel your pre-order of Modern Warfare 2 and ask for that bundle. That Xbox looks so nice

BluRay is not that appealing to me. I don't buy much DVDs, because 10€ for a movie is too much for 2 hours of entertainment if you ask me. BluRay would be 15-20€ and the better picture is fine, but not for 10€ / hour. I don't watch a movie more than once normally, that is why I am totally in love with VoD. 2-3€ / movie in a decent quality or 4- 5 € for a movie in HD is fine for me.

The PS3 with Uncharted 2 is great for sure. The game looks very appealing and I can totally understand that some PS3 owners are very hyped for this, but that would probably the only game I would get in the coming months, because all my friends are on Xbox Live and I do not have the time for a 2nd console. My neighbour has a PS3 though. I will tell him to get the game, so I can play it over there. I am so cheap.

My TV is my baby. Samsung LE46A759R. Just noticed it has a different name in the US, but it should be this one http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/tv-video/televisions/lcd-tv/LN46B750U1FXZA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail

and for my bedroom I have a 40" LCD TV.

Lingerie for my girlfriend... Well I once told her what I like and the result was... interesting. I remember "I do not want to look like a bitch" and "I can't believe you are 'such a guy'". Never again.

I do have a 5.1 soundsystem.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

A Kindle.

Have you considered a handheld? DSi or PSP-3000/PSP-Go? You never know you might wanna game on the go.

Depending on your taste of games, I'd consider the PSP-Go since you dont own any UMD (and from reviews of others those that enjoy the Go the most are those with no UMD games), and its a great portable multimedia device. ^__^

1- Build a kickass gaming PC for 400€ that will last you over 6-7 years
2- Cancel MW2 and L4D2 pre-orders for Xbox 360
3- Buy the ultimate versions of MW2 and L4D2 for PC and save 20€