By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How important is backwards compatiblity to YOU?

You know. I thought it was so important to me for a long time, but with all the fantastic games out there this generation, I have no want to go play any of my ps2 games. So not at all important.

Around the Network

For me it's quite important. I get the hankering to play my Gamecube and GBA games every once in a while and it's nice that I don't have to keep my Gamecube or GBA around to play them. It cuts down on the number of things plugged in, on the number of wires and the amount of space taken up by the system itself.

Not as important as I thought it would be. I gave up BC and got a slim, and haven't even desired to use it since.

It only means EVERYTHING to me.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Not important at all.

I'd never upgrade a console based on the fact that it has the ability to play my old games. I buy a new console to play new games not possible or not available on the hardware I already own.

Around the Network

Important. I plan on replaying both KOTORs sometime down the road as well as a few Splinter Cells before the new one comes out and am probably gonna buy Morrowind and Jade Empire soon. I don't wanna have to go get my xbox, connect it, and then sit down and play.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Its not important to me. I have a PS2 for a reason.that being said, it is welcome.

I understand the difficulties sony went through to get us this beast of a machine being an electrical engineer myself.

I highly expect PS4 will launch at 299$ with PS3, PS2, PS1 BC.

Only hardware revisisons sony need to make is a better GPU and a smaller cell. (which is cheaper to make.)