By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 40Gb PS3s to be released on US this November

"Every PS3 comes with a Blu-ray drive, HDMI output, an integrated Wi-Fi connection, Cell Broadband
Engine and a built-in hard-drive," said Jack Tretton, President and CEO, SCEA. "This holiday season we'll be able to offer attractive retail pricing with a broad portfolio of outstanding games including Ratchet & Clank(R) Future: Tools of Destruction(TM), THE EYE OF JUDGMENT(TM), Uncharted: Drake's Fortune(TM), Heavenly Sword(TM), Call of Duty(R) 4: Modern Warfare, Assassin's Creed(TM), Haze(TM) and RockBand(TM)."

:D Do you think he actually said "(TM)" after all those things?

Is there still no word on what's happening pricing-wise with the 60 gig? I doubt it'll be completely sold out by November.

And is the 80 gig keeping the bundle? Everything I've heard seems kind of vague on that. As annoyed as I am with Sony, a PS3 with a game for $499 this Christmas might be enough to convince me. I just wish it was something other than Motorstorm...

Around the Network

Bestbuy is claiming that the US Version of the 40 Gb can play PS2 titles.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;jsessionid=FRPKAOULKVFCXKC4D3LVAIQ?skuId=8588584&st=8588584&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1190677842792

# Plays your old PlayStation 2 and PlayStation games, DVDs and CDs, so you can merge all of your entertainment into one machine

YfzinJay said:
Bestbuy is claiming that the US Version of the 40 Gb can play PS2 titles.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;jsessionid=FRPKAOULKVFCXKC4D3LVAIQ?skuId=8588584&st=8588584&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1190677842792

# Plays your old PlayStation 2 and PlayStation games, DVDs and CDs, so you can merge all of your entertainment into one machine

They're in for complaints and returns then.

Copy-paste For the Lose.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I think the price drop will help immensely after seeing how much the price drop this summer helped the sixty gig. The forty gig may push the PS3 ahead of the other consoles for a few weeks.

@ Borkachev

Why is everybody saying the 40GB flopped in Europe. Correct me if i'm wrong but SONY doesn't really care if they sell 80GB or 40GB versions of the PS3. No matter which way you look at it the 40GB did bring the playstation sales up. Plus the same thing happened with the psp slim when it came out, everybody was buying the older version and the psp slim's first week wasn't that great but the second was awesome.