By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will next handheld gen begin?

So predictions. I predict that at least Sony will introtuce new completely new PSP at 2011 E3. Launch will be fall 2011. Not sure about Nintendo though.

Around the Network

PSP 2 mght be round 2011 like you said, DS 2 might take longer, maybe 2013-2014

After the DS stops selling

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Who needs handhelds when Natal's coming out?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Whenever Sony says it does. Nothing in the game industry actually happens until Sony says so. Microsoft has never sold a game and Nintendo doesn't count.

Around the Network

Won't be before 2012, and maybe not even then. DS and PSP only ever got 1 price cut in Japan, and they're both 5 years old.

killeryoshis said:
After the DS stops selling

AKA: Never

DS will continue to sell for years according to current trends. Nintendo could cut the DS off but that's highly unlikely. When PSP 2 or Xbox Portable  are released, and they pose a threat then Nintendo will release a new handheld.

That or the iPhone/Touch starts seriously cutting into their profits.

Star Scream said:
Won't be before 2012, and maybe not even then. DS and PSP only ever got 1 price cut in Japan, and they're both 5 years old.

In the west though PSP has already had two price drops and DS one. Handhelds are also usually cheaper from the beginning than home consoles.

Now then, I wouldn't call PSP Go cheap!

Not for a long time, this gen they have have done well to refresh the model 3 times over already.