By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RISEN - XBOX SHOWS EUROPE SOME LOVE

Hi all, it's been a while...

I'm back with the best of news for European 360 gamers. Risen, the amazing RPG being published for both PC and 360 is getting an almost simultaneaous launch in Europe !!! And only in Europe. Other territories will have to wait 'till early 2010).

I've read two french reviews for the PC version and it really lived up to the hype ! Now let's see if its' 360 counterpart does the same.

For those who know gamekult and its' severe reviewing system (about every french speaking gamer out there knows what i'm "talking" about) :

8/10 (just like MGS4 and Gears of War)

http://www.gamekult.com/tout/jeux/fiches/J000085585_test.html

GO EUROPE !!!!

God i hate fanboys, almost as much as they hate facts

“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” Antoine de St-Exupery

+2Q  -2N  (to be read in french)

Around the Network

Interesting. I will have to see if more people think it is good.

If this is Gothic 3 without the bugs I will definitely buy

Hmm...I'll wait and see if it's polished or not.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

The PC version is without bugs. It got 87/100 from Gamestar- best german mag fot PC games, IMO.

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value..."

Alan Greenspan, 1967

Around the Network
Phobos said:
The PC version is without bugs. It got 87/100 from Gamestar- best german mag fot PC games, IMO.

Great! I'm becoming optomistic about this game, now.

sweet i think ill have to check it out

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

I'm playing this on PC and it's definitely good stuff. If you liked Gothic 2, this one is a must.

"In the end, you're always on your own."

~ Squalll Leonheart

guys, you do not have to inform you about risen, I'll explain you :

Risen = gothic 2

it's from the gtohic developpers who just lost the rights of the brandname gothic, but risen = gothic 2 with nicer graphics.
the thing is ... gothic 2 was in my opinion the best western RPG ever made, it's rough it's dirty, people talk bad language, you can explore a HAND CONSTRUCTED, BREATHING world, items feel so unique, not just like 'uuh +5 intel ring', when you find a new sword you'll really go nuts about it.
in short : we germans just love it, a gothic game sells 500 000 k without any quality here ( check gothic 3 ), a quality gothic liek 1 and 2 sells in the millions in germany alone.

so maybe you prefer the shiny elderscrolls series.

I played both franchises and had my fun with morrowind ( oblivion not so much, couldnt get into it at all, too generic imo ), but the time I had with gothic 2 was so brilliant that i didnt stop till I had it through with all 3 character - ways ( I usually rarely repeat games ).

but it's not easy to get into... you'll maybe have to work into it.

very very big recommendation from me, I go nuts about this game.
and it's practically bug free, piranha bytes did their homework this time.

p.s.: gothic 3 is a very good game now, too, after all the patches. not like 1 and 2 , but very good game

How can 720p be considered HD when it looks like ugly snow grains on my 22'' screen?

Well of course Germans are going to love this game. It is made by a German developer, so I'm sure it was directed with German gaming tastes in mind.