By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Flash newbie seeking gamer advice to make his racing game rock

Hey Guys,

I made this racing game in flash a few months ago and am going to build a version 2 for a relaunch next year.

I was really hoping you guys could play it and tell me what you hate and want changed and any things you think the game really needs added. I don’t have the means to play a lot of online games because I only have the net at work so if any of you have advice on key game play areas that really grab and keep an online audience let me know, it will be greatly appreciated and used for my future games.

Since making the game I’ve done some more advanced coding tutorials so I’m planning on literally doing an entire rebuild with better car physics, better code layout and execution and any additional features you guys think an online racing game needs. One thing I wanted to add but didn’t have time to was a tournament mode :(. I also had concerns about the speed of the cars vs controllability. Are they too slow at the beginning of the game (making the game feel boring) but then end up too fast once fully upgraded (making the game uncontrollable)???

So don’t worry if you don’t like anything in the game, let me know! But if you don’t like something share your thoughts on how to fix it because I really want some good constructive criticism so I can get better at game development. Think of the game like a beta version :) and I want it to be awesome!

Here's the link

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/upload/v8/game/

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

Around the Network

Holy crap, some of the nicest looking layouts I've seen for a flash game.

*gets to game*

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Immediate problem. No on-screen maps.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

haha thanks man, let me know your thoughts after you play for a bit :) I want to know everything you think I should fix or add or anything hey. I want this game to kick ass. Oh and yes it needs more music variation (just remembered that then) hahaha that band only recorded 2 songs for the game :(

Fun game I really liked it. Good Job

^_^

Around the Network

ahh yes! the mini map was one thing I had trouble with and began building but figured what I had done wasnt good enough so i ditched it. But yes that is a HUGE missing element :D good eyes ;) I will definitaly get that part sorted :)

No, I can't race. The arrows come too quickly which gives you no time to turn. Add an on-screen map.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
No, I can't race. The arrows come too quickly which gives you no time to turn. Add an on-screen map.

I agree with this, I often crash

^_^

Turning needs to be tighter.

When I'm going fast, and turn perfectly, I barely make it out of crashing.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

I did well without the map..... You just have to slow down a little.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089