By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Batman: AA - impressive - Question about replayability - Spoilers

So after finally getting my hands on the game at the rental store, I've literally just come back from playing it for the entire day. I hope my PS3 will be okay because it had to have been running for 10-11 hours straight. The whole story was great and I had a blast going through it. Same parts (usually enemies with guns) were a little frustrating, but I didn't get slowed down too badly on normal difficulty. That one part where you walk through the Scarecrow gas and the whole screen freezes freaked me out, I hopped off the couch right away and was about to eject the disk and shut the system off when the screen went black and the next cutscene finally started. I was finally able to let out a sigh of relief when I saw the 'J' at the bottom of the screen when I tried to skip it (thinking there was still a massive glitch or something).

Since I was rather lucky today at the rental store and was able to get it for most of the week free of charge, I figure I'll try to check out the other stuff in the game like the challenges and then try to find some of the collectables. Once I finished it I pretty much quit out and shut off the system so I didn't get a chance to check, but can you go back and pick up the collectable trophies and such from the singleplayer without starting a new game?

When it comes to the PC version, my rig handled the demo pretty well and the extra physics (Cuda only I believe?) gave the environment a nice level of extra detail that the console versions lack but hey, it doesn't kill the experience and the console version is fun enough. Can't wait to try out the Joker and other free downloadable challenge content.

Around the Network

You'll restart before the final fight, and be able to go after all of the riddles.

@d21lewis

Will I be able to go back and kill the guards that are welcoming me to the party?

@dsister44: Indeed you can.

Unfortunately, I can't because my PS3 was nice enough to delete my 95%-complete save file

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Just fired up Batman, to check. Sorry, dsister. The door to that party is locked tight. Besides, Batman doesn't kill.

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
@d21lewis

Will I be able to go back and kill the guards that are welcoming me to the party?

Unfortunately this is one of the two missable trophies in the game, if you messed this one up you'll need to restard a game to get the trophy.

mibuokami said:
dsister44 said:
@d21lewis

Unfortunately this is one of the two missable trophies in the game, if you messed this one up you'll need to restard a game to get the trophy.

What's the other one?

I read through some of the trophy list early in the game so when I finally arrived at the party, I knew I could KO them. Kind of felt like an ass since they were cheering and all, but the next cut-scene justifies it with how pissed off Batman was.

If you play through the game again, go to the area where the "party" was held, every time the plot progresses. Some crazy stuff is going on there, if you pay attention. Since you already beat the game, you know what was happening.

IllegalPaladin said:
mibuokami said:
dsister44 said:
@d21lewis

What's the other one?

I read through some of the trophy list early in the game so when I finally arrived at the party, I knew I could KO them. Kind of felt like an ass since they were cheering and all, but the next cut-scene justifies it with how pissed off Batman was.

The other one is 'no man left behind' which is gained by rescuing everyone hanging onto platform in the Decontamination room when it was filled with Joker's gas (inclduing the joker henchman).

And with regards to K-Oing the party henchmen, I didn't even realize it was a trophy lol, I was trying to get my 20hit combo here (so hard to get the 40 hit one) so I replay this scene like 5 times xD...

mibuokami said:
IllegalPaladin said:
mibuokami said:
dsister44 said:
@d21lewis

What's the other one?

The other one is 'no man left behind' which is gained by rescuing everyone hanging onto platform in the Decontamination room when it was filled with Joker's gas (inclduing the joker henchman).

And with regards to K-Oing the party henchmen, I didn't even realize it was a trophy lol, I was trying to get my 20hit combo here (so hard to get the 40 hit one) so I replay this scene like 5 times xD...

Oh I got that one. I loved how he picked up the guy and then immediately bashed the back of his head.