By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - sony just did a Wii HD.

Foibbles said:
There goes Xoj again...lolloping all over the Sony brand. Have't you heard of playing hard to get?

yet this isn't about sony, but new gen motion technologies.

Around the Network

sorry but there won't be a console ever this gen not the 360 not the ps3 that will match the wii

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

@OP fantastic just one small problem Sony dont make games as good as Nintendo!

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

^sony never stopped doing "hardcore" games though, considering LCD/plasma tv are you sure?
projections show by 2010-12 many of the TV will be HD.
and wii more with motion plus offers the same : 1-1 motion tracking. technically speaking they are the same.
as for games, both microsoft and sony have shown developer support, sony have more studios than microsoft and nintendo together.
they don't have to be the same as the wii, i see the wand/natal as motion control, while it does the same they don't target the "casual" market only like nintendo, though casual people may see it a HD wii.
motion controls 1-1 tracking, some more extra features like better online (xbox live/psn), netflix, may made it look like more advanced.
that in hardware it's huge plus.

@bladeforce: depends on your taste: i never seen nintendo do a game like Ico/shadow of colossus, or a game with a budget value of killzone 2 and uncharted 2.

i love zelda, but story and production values never been as high.

microsoft on the other hand have halo, while not being over top production, it have over the top marketing and they may apply the same for natal.

and both companies are showing a strong third party support?

motion control RE 5? its not what every wii owner wanted?

Bladeforce said:
@OP fantastic just one small problem Sony dont make games as good as Nintendo!

That's your opinion.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Just because the casuals are portrayed as being stupid, doesn't mean that they are actually stupid. They'll figure what the original is and what a copycat is. That's also the reason why third party Wii games which imitate Nintendo games come nowhere close in sales.

So if the casuals aren't exactly willing to buy copycats on a console they already own, what makes you think that they would by an entire new system for a copycat game?

What I actually expect to happen is that Sony's motion controls will work counterproductive for the PS3. First, hardcore gamers will be annoyed that money is invested in games not aimed at them and second, people who are actually interested in motion controlled games will realize the superiority of the Wii controller and the size and variety of the Wii software library. Instead of garnering additional PS3 sales, it's more likely that Sony's wand will generate more Wii sales by signaling to the market that motion controls are here to stay.

Excellent post.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

HD Wii Sports Resort, woohoo, can't wait.

I hope they add a deep, intriguing storyline.

I can't wait to see what the whale will look like in high rez. I'm so excited.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

RolStoppable said:
Xoj said:
^sony never stopped doing "hardcore" games though, considering LCD/plasma tv are you sure?
projections show by 2010-12 many of the TV will be HD.
and wii more with motion plus offers the same : 1-1 motion tracking. technically speaking they are the same.
as for games, both microsoft and sony have shown developer support, sony have more studios than microsoft and nintendo together.
they don't have to be the same as the wii, i see the wand/natal as motion control, while it does the same they don't target the "casual" market only like nintendo, though casual people may see it a HD wii.
motion controls 1-1 tracking, some more extra features like better online (xbox live/psn), netflix, may made it look like more advanced.
that in hardware it's huge plus.

Now I understand why you think that Sony has an actual chance with their motion controller.

i like competition. =). the more one brand the other shall react and make something better.

i am not saying like they will start pass the wii or something, but hoping to do enough pressure so nintendo start investing on studios, all kind of studios.

and build a better network for online.

both sony and microsoft have a "chance" to do it, but i have no idea if they will success.

I like competition too. It's a shame Natal and Sonymo aren't competition.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

RolStoppable said:
Xoj said:
RolStoppable said:

Now I understand why you think that Sony has an actual chance with their motion controller.

i like competition. =). the more one brand the other shall react and make something better.

i am not saying like they will start pass the wii or something, but hoping to do enough pressure so nintendo start investing on studios, all kind of studios.

and build a better network for online.

both sony and microsoft have a "chance" to do it, but i have no idea if they will success.

I am all for Nintendo improving, but I don't think that hardware competition is needed for that. I am a believer of software competition. That will lead to better games. I see hardware competition as a block in the road.

well it depends, for developers especially lazy ones, hardware can be a limitation. and not being able to output in HD is one.