By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Even Modern Elites RROD

While out shopping around to buy myself an Elite to upgrade my premium, I spotted this in the local costco.

I don't know if it was a falcon, the build date said August 2007.

I might wait out again before upgrading =/

Around the Network

1. Every machine can break.
2. How well is that case ventilated?

There was a hole in the top of the case, not too big.. something like an inch by 6 inches. Definitely enough air to exhaust in a well ventilated air conditioned building.

Its not as if demo machines like this are stressed, just stick the DVD and let it scroll through the intro to the game, its certainly wasn't playable.

twesterm said:
1. Every machine can break.
2. How well is that case ventilated?

2. typically quite well. Most have fans at the bottom one for intake other for out take. And I mean 100mm fans too.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

My son works at a FutureShop (Canadian Best Buy franchase) and they still need to replace the 360's in those cases periodically. They overheat from constant use and poor airflow, and aren't big enough to put in a cooling unit.

They have also started informing all potential buyers they have a 40% failure rate. This is apparently store policy because all of the returns they end up dealing with, but I'm not sure if 40% is for that particular store or for all FutureShops.

Around the Network

Not enough air so it can circulate. This isn't any proof.

I'm sorry I'm no 360 expert... you mean the power button coloring red? The famous Red Ring of Death?

My god, will this nonsense ever end? MS is really pushing me away of getting a 360 ever, this way.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Gamerace said:
My son works at a FutureShop (Canadian Best Buy franchase) and they still need to replace the 360's in those cases periodically. They overheat from constant use and poor airflow, and aren't big enough to put in a cooling unit.

They have also started informing all potential buyers they have a 40% failure rate. This is apparently store policy because all of the returns they end up dealing with, but I'm not sure if 40% is for that particular store or for all FutureShops.

Futureshop is also the "Wonderful" company that tells people there is a 50% chance that their laptop will break soon after 1 year (when the Waranty expires) and they should spend an additional $200 for the "Product Service Plan" ...

The "Product Service Plan" for the XBox 360 is $90 for 2 years and $110 for 3 years and (if anything like other extended waranties) is 95% profit with massive commissions to the salesperson who sells one ...

Meh. 3 year warranty = doesn't matter to me.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Couldn't they just put in a temperature sensor that automatically shuts the machine down when it gets too hot so that it has to cool? I mean, I'd much rather have the machine just shut off and save itself than let me know after the fact that it is unusable. Then at least I'd be able to see what kind of usage was overheating it and be able to do things to help keep it cool.