By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN reports of a U.K Wii Sports Resort bundle available October 2

Wii Gets UK Price Cut

Of sorts...

UK, September 24, 2009 - Nintendo's Wii console became the latest piece of gaming hardware to receive a price cut in the US, and the cut is to be reflected in the UK – although the Wii will only fall back to the point it enjoyed before this year's controversial price hike.

While it's been cut to 199.99 USD in the States, it's going to retain its 179.99 GBP price tag in the UK. However, the reduction in the trade price means it's now going to come in an attractive bundle, with the Motion Plus peripheral and Wii Sports Resort added to the existing package.

The changes come in to effect on October 2.

LINK

Confirmation Finally ? or more Proof

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Around the Network

What about the rest of Europe?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

The price hike only affected retailers AFAIK... gamers never saw a price increase on the Wii. What this tells me is that the price cut is also going to affect retailers only.

£180 = 200 €, so the price will be equal after a 50 € cut in the rest of Europe.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Well, this would be a little consolation at least for the disappointment of not getting a UK price cut. I think my brother might buy a Wii with a WSR bundle if it comes out in October.

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club