By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chrono Trigger has never seen PAL release?

libellule said:
so it was out on PSX in US "alone" or with a pack "chrono trigger/FFIV"

saddly they say the PSX suffer from loading time very long :((

but I suppose I have no choice.

You know, you could play the snes version emulated on zsnes with higher resolution and everything. And i gotta say, it's quite the amazing game, I played it fot the first time 2 years ago and it was an amazing experience.

Around the Network

Even Final Fantasy VI?! Then that is the greatest tragedy of all. I see it did eventually see release in PS and GBA forms, at least.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

NO FFVI was released
same for FFIV and FFV

all during the PSX area (I have them :))

But if I want to play the game using SNES emulator then I have to get a "file copy" of the SNES game using emule/bitorrent ?

Time to Work !

Try emuparadise.org, it's a 4 mb direct download.
Lol, with bittorent you can get a collection of all the snes games ever made from every region, although emuparadise also has a US rom pack of about 600 mb on direct downloads.

I have found a website
with plenty of version of chrono trigger for 7 mo

there are even translated version in french lol

Time to Work !

Around the Network
GooseGaws said:
@libellule:

Chrono Trigger was indeed released for the PS in NA as part of the Final Fantasy Chronicles compilation. However, due to various issues, this version is inferior to the SNES version. If it's all you can find though, it's better than not playing it at all...

Well atleast you get some crappy animated scenes to go with it.  Even if it doesn't load as well, and the sounds are somehow worse.

To be fair......

The US got screwed over on Terrangamia.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
To be fair......

The US got screwed over on Terrangamia.

And Rudra No Hihou...

And Seiken Densetsu III...

No original FFVI or Chrono Trigger?!? Man those were like my two favorite games on that system ;-; The remakes were good in theory >_> but they messed the sounds up and yeah the loading times were redunculous. I missed the way the game sounded when Crono got his critical hits in ;-; in the new version it was highly dumbed down ._.; it just ruined the overall ambient experience I had with the SNES original... sad....

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.