By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 360 Tales of Vesperia players feel like beta testers

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/09/07/xbox-users-petition-over-vesperia-beta-it-isnt-fair/

It's not hard to understand why, just look at all this additional content. On top of that, the higher than expected sales on the PS3 in Japan may be attributable to the new loli-pirate girl Patty:

• Full voice acting
  • Tie-ins with Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike[8]
  • New playable character (Patty Fleur)
  • Flynn as a fully customizable, playable character
  • Repede and Flynn as selectable on-screen avatars
  • New mini-games (Racing mini-game for Repede)
  • New cutscenes
  • New subplots
  • New main game quests
  • New sidequests
  • New songs
  • New towns
  • Remodeled towns
  • New dungeons
  • New bosses (including the Sword Dancer, Don Whitehorse, and Clint/Tison/Nan)
  • Boss fight replays at Nam Cobanda Isle (in an area called the Door of Memories)
  • New Overlimit Levels up to 8[14]
  • New Hi Ougi/Mystic Artes (including a dual Mystic Arte with Yuri and Flynn)
  • New Artes
  • New Skills
  • New Equipment
  • A Key Item known as the "Artes Ball," which allows characters to assign up to 8 Artes to the left stick, and 8 Arte Shortcuts to the right stick for a new maximum of 16 Artes.
  • New Costumes (Including costumes based on other Tales characters and Sgt. Frog[15])
  • New Skits
  • A scene-skip feature
  • Added Team Arena
  • Connectivity with Tales of VS[16]
  • Pre-Order Bonus (Abyss character costumes for Yuri, Flynn, and Estelle)
  • New Coliseum battles and modes (Cameo Team, Clint/Tison/Nan/Karol, Leblanc's Team, and etc)

I'll be buying this when it hits the states.

Around the Network

Another one of these thread? Do we already have one?

we do? I didn't realize we had one that specifically showed all the differences between the two iterations.

At least another bulk of Tales fans can enjoy this if they couldn't get the 360 version!

Man, I really do feel bad for the 360 fans of this game. Of course, they DID play the game a year before we have a chance to, but man, it's like a completely new game...

Around the Network
bonkers555 said:
Another one of these thread? Do we already have one?

Can there really be enough "this console/game is better than that console/game" threads? That's 90% of the threads on this site.

It's sad that SO many features have been added, that were'nt in the 360 version, who really could buy the 360 game (especially if they had both consoles) knowing that all these additonal features are in the PS3 one.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Cant wait to get this game.

I don't feel bad for people that got the game out a year earlier. If more people bought the 360 version I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to believe that the upgraded port would be on both consoles. Then again, Namco is pretty weird so maybe they would've kept it PS3 only or not even have made it because they got enough money who knows go buy Tekken 6 next month if you like 3D fighting games!

I don't think there are going to be any differences in the tekken versions....hmmm I guess it's something to check out since I haven't noticed any tekken news at all.

I don't feel bad either. There was a good gap of a year between releases.