By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Next No More Heroes on the Next Nintendo Platform!!!

I figured that would be rather obvious, given a 2-year dev time, the next game wouldn't come until late 2011/early 2012, which will be right around time for the next Nintendo console (and Yoichi Wada apparently agrees with me in that regard)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

That's awesome! Also, can't wait for the sequel :D

I believe this is the second or third time Suda was "misinterpreted" as a dig against Nintendo in some shape or form. Kotaku in particular took this and ran with it, but it's Kotaku so I'd be surprised when they weren't putting a slant on any Nintendo news.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Only bad thing about it is that travis's story will be done by #2 :\

No surprise. I said the first time this whole theory about the last NMH on Wii that the timing would indicate that the next NMH would fall into schedule with Nintendo's next platform, while others balked that Suda was selling out to the devil.

Glad to see that it's all clarified now.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Around the Network
rubido said:
gansito said:
does it rlly matter? no more heroes is horrible

Not everybody thinks the same. I loved the game. Did you finish the game?

I very much doubt Capitan Trol there has even seen the game let alone played it.

My first reaction -- isn't that what many of us said when the initial story came out.

My second reaction -- was this accidental mistranslation or intentional misinterpretation. After all, there are those out there who cannot stand the thought of a third-party action franchise exclusive to the Nintendo platform.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

SmokedHostage said:
-cries tears of joy-

How about a little modesty? lol
Well so this confirms with a 2 yr dev. window 2011 for the Wii2 i guess.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Hahahhaa, one of the main reasons I love Suda51 so much is because he's always gushing about Eric Chahi. Chahi IS A GOD. That's the one thing Suda's wrong about!

Also, awesome news.

And here we go - Ign - From the Fin. Times (for serious businez)

Square-Enix Head Says Wii 2 in 2011
The CEO of the company that makes Final Fantasy believes Nintendo's next console will be more like 360 and PS3.
by Matt Casamassina

US, September 21, 2009 - According to a report by the Financial Times, Square-Enix president Yoichi Wada believes that the successor to Nintendo's incredibly popular Wii videogame console will arrive in 2011. The Times is vague on details with regard to Wii 2, but paraphrases Wada as saying it should debut with "functionality more like that of Microsoft's Xbox 360 or Sony's PlayStation 3, and possibly a different controller."

If Wada is referring to more powerful hardware and the ability to output high-definition graphics, he's right. In a June 2009 interview with Venture Beat, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata confirmed that the successor to Wii would embrace the new HD age. "If we have an opportunity to make a new console, it will probably support HD because it is now common throughout the world."

Nintendo's Wii system debuted in November of 2006, which means that a 2011 release for Wii 2 would allow the console a traditional five-year life cycle. Sony's leaders have stated that they believe PlayStation 3 will enjoy a much longer life cycle. Could the same happen for Wii, which continues to outsell its competitors on a monthly basis? That all depends on whether or not Wii can continue to support innovative ideas that sell.

"As we continue our research and study for new hardware, when we will be able to launch a new kind of hardware will actually depend on when we can change entertainment completely, and so have a strong impact on people around the world," Iwata said during a financial briefing two years ago "Or, there will certainly be a time when we have to say that we have done everything possible with the current machine, that we can never propose anything new."

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.