By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Japan exclusives: Less than 1million sold combined

Magnific0 said:
^what you think is pretty solid was a 4 billion + loss for MS.

Why does it always come down to console wars mentality with people like you?

Around the Network

This thread wins the award for fuzziest logic, crazy conditions and outright logic exemption!

Paying for timed exclusivity has benefits in the short-term but not in the long-run. In the long-run, MS loses face with their consumer base. Many Japanese Xbox 360 owners (and I've seen some Tales and Star Ocean fanboys in the west drop $200 for an Arcade to play ToV/SO4 and a few other 360 jrpgs) who bought a 360 specifically because they thought these games were exclusive and not coming to the PS3 are screwed now. Next time they see a so-called "exclusive" 360 jrpg hit the market, they are going to think, "exclusive? pfft. I'll just wait a year for the enhanced PS3 port."

deathgod33 said:
by Japan exclusive you meant not released in the West- only in Japan, but all those games you listed were released in the West???

I think the rules were redefined later on  :p

The 360 still sold more then the original XBox so I think a mission semi-accomplished.

Bring on Lost Odyssey 2.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

Did the 360 sell more in Japan than the Xbox? Yeah? Does it matter? No?

After selling

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Jeez thats... mixed...

yo_john117 said:
Magnific0 said:
^what you think is pretty solid was a 4 billion + loss for MS.

Why does it always come down to console wars mentality with people like you?

And where did I mention something related to console wars exactly? this thread is about sales isn't? sales have everything to do with making money don't they? You can celebrate you sell twice, thrice or whaterver the amount you previously sold, but if you aren't making more money, it's all futile. If my answer to that post hurts you so much, then I seem to still have the touch to hurt fanboys with the truth in their faces. Also, look who's talking about things coming down to console wars mentality, look at your own sig, and not the one making childish BETS on a VG forum....

loves2splooge said:
Paying for timed exclusivity has benefits in the short-term but not in the long-run. In the long-run, MS loses face with their consumer base. Many Japanese Xbox 360 owners (and I've seen some Tales and Star Ocean fanboys in the west drop $200 for an Arcade to play ToV/SO4 and a few other 360 jrpgs) who bought a 360 specifically because they thought these games were exclusive and not coming to the PS3 are screwed now. Next time they see a so-called "exclusive" 360 jrpg hit the market, they are going to think, "exclusive? pfft. I'll just wait a year for the enhanced PS3 port."

Good point.. but i m not sure if hardcore gamers behave like this.. they want on the first day of release... thats why more than 50% of the sales r in first week.

The person who wrote the article in the OP seriously needs to do some research.