By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's ad campaign for the holidays

Ok, so the holidays are coming up and we are starting to see some big games coming out already(ODST).

Now Sony has in the past come out with some of the most bizzarre marketing campaigns for their holiday lineup.

Like Reflection

Or my Fav, demonic baby

Kinda bizzarre, although while i will say that these arn't really good marketing ads, i do like seeing these kinds of commercials. What do you think Sony will do this holiday season, how will they go about advertsing this holiday. The Slim is going to get alot of attention this holiday season and with alot of new customers i think they should advertise some of their older games to these new customers, hell Nintendo does it sometimes and i think Ressitance 2 and little big planet should have another shot at a holiday season. Although i still would like to see some bizzarre customers

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

Around the Network

LittleBigPlanet would be a good idea to sway some of the casual crowd to the PS3 this xmas with the new price-point but i feel that Sony are going to focus on the games being released, such as Uncharted 2, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, Assassin's Creed 2 etc etc to sway the more hardcore crowd. The main focus of these being the new $299 price.

The time of the weird and wonderful ads are gone, this is the new Sony (being back to the old Sony again lol)

The surreal ads sucked and did Sony no favors. Stick to the big guns - games (Uncharted 2, etc.) and new price.

the uk advertising is pretty to the point with games the focus and showing the console at the end, should do better than last years stuff which you would count yourslef lucky if you actually saw it

Squall_Leonhart said:
LittleBigPlanet would be a good idea to sway some of the casual crowd to the PS3 this xmas

How would you lure casuals with core game?

Around the Network

advertising uncharted 2, ratchet and clank FCT, etc. is a given but Little big planet and resistance 2 could get some attention. i wonder what they will do with their adverts this time. the infamous commercial was good and showed a change in direction for sony in their ads, assains creed 2 will be for them if they can make it clear that it will have exclusive content with bloodlines

@ MDManiac the sameway nintendo gets casuals to buy mario, just to a much lesser extent than mario

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

surely the line up for sony can work out. A little bit of ad campaigning with certain games and the new slim console(USP) is all that's needed.

axumblade

lol to ur domedometer ...

Time to Work !

I think they should advertise Uncharted 2 in America, Gran Turimo in Europe, and Final Fantasy 13 in Japan. Also advertising LittleBigPlanet Goty edition isn't that bad of a idea.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

It simply does everything and only possible on PS3 just doesn't cut it. Both of those taglines comes off extremely smug and turns me off of wanting to get a PS3.